Page 90 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Did we never make a motorcycle thread?

Three weeks in and nearly 6000 miles. It'll be 6k by end of the week.

Loving this one as much as the last one. Named "warthog" where the last red one was named "bushpig."

Both are African wild pig species. Named so because 534lbs. She's a porker. But she glides so nice.

Eh, the non DCT AT comes in at a pretty reasonable weight (511 lbs) for the class, and IMO, it's impressively light for something with that suspension and archaic/cheap steel cradle frame.

The BMW R1200GS/GSA is 538/580 lbs, the F800GS and Triumph Tiger XC are the lightweights at 478 and 481 lbs (F800GSA is 512lbs), respectively, the new KTM 1090 R is 507 lbs, and the Ducati Multistrada 950 is 505 lbs. The fatty of the class is the Yamaha Super Ténéré listed at 575, but weighs in even heavier in tests.

Without having ridden any of the similarly sized ADVs, I'd take the KTM 1090 to win an off-road race, the Multistrada 950 for an upright sport tourer, and the AT if I was going to actually ride across the country. The AT's price increase to $13,299 and the new smaller Ducati ($13,995) and KTM ($14,699) make the Honda considerably less of a deal than before given the power differences. The AT is making 94 hp, the Multi 113 hp, and the KTM a serious 125 hp.

The bigger BMW, KTM and Tenere are pack mules though. You want to overload those puppies, go wild. You upset the balance of the AT with large weight on the back. Steering geometry is designed to be quick hence the favorable reviews. The others have less quick/ more stable, steering angles; better stability.

It really is a wash. You have to decide exactly what you're looking for. All of them a decent to good touring bikes. KTM and AT more dirt focused but road capable, Super 10, big Ducati and BMW are road conquering beasts, eminently capable in the dirt.

The middleweight sector is really heating up though. BMW should be coming out with a new 800 soon. KTM has their parallel twin adv bike coming soon, paired with the Duke, and Yamaha has the T7 concept on the way. It should be significantly watered down from rally raid machine to adventure touring machine by then though.

https://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/6269215457.html

Maybe trying a little hard, but amusing nonetheless.
    Whoomah!

Local dealer got a 2013 Triumph Speedmaster in Satin Black on trade.

I'm seriously considering going full Wild Hog and trading my '11 Daytona for it.

The Superduke's been in the shop for a while now. I've barely ridden in months. It sprung an oil leak from the oil pump (?) cover right behind the filter, which I've seen a few posts about on the forums. Brought it in to the dealer I bought it from. Service guy says he's seen a few of these, so I'm feeling good. Calls me back right after the hurricane to say it's ready, which I thought was quick, especially taking into account the down time for Irma. He told me when I picked it up that the bolts were just loose. I should have said right then that I'm sure that's not it, but I didn't. Got it back home, and check the cover, and oil has already started to pool around it. So I had to bring it back again, and haven't gotten an update since (almost two weeks, I'll be calling tomorrow). I better get it back before the weather gets nice. It's in warranty still, but the uber rides back and forth will end up costing me nearly $100.

One of my motorcycle buds is jonesin' hard for an SD. I'll be sure to NOT share your story with him.

I moved my motorcycle from one garage bay to the other on Saturday so I could get access to some wiring that was shorting in the ceiling. That's the extent of my riding over the last 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post

One of my motorcycle buds is jonesin' hard for an SD. I'll be sure to NOT share your story with him.
    Other than the keyless ride, I don't think I've seen any issues with the 2.0 version.

Yet

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Local dealer got a 2013 Triumph Speedmaster in Satin Black on trade.

I'm seriously considering going full Wild Hog and trading my '11 Daytona for it.
    [Peruses used Speedmasters on Cycle Trader]: Man, these things drop like rocks in value.
    [Peruses heavily discounted, new, unsold previous model year(s) Speedmasters on Cycle Trader]: Oh yeah, nobody paid anywhere near MSRP.