Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Administrator
    8/13 DLC - Three songs by Gary Moore

• The Loner (Bass Drop D, no rhythm(?))
    • Over the Hills and Far Away
    • Still Got The Blues

All songs E Standard unless otherwise noted.

Administrator
    8/20 DLC - Three songs by The Bloodhound Gang

• The Bad Touch
    • The Ballad of Chasey Lain (+alt. Lead)
    • Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo (+alt. Rhythm)

All songs E Standard.

Administrator
    8/27 DLC - Three songs by female artists

• The Go-Go's - We Got the Beat
    • Orianthi - According to You (D Standard, except the alt. Lead which is E standard)
    • Veruca Salt - Seether

E standard unless otherwise noted.

Administrator
    I'm being bad about this again.

9/3 DLC - Easy exercises volume 2. Same basic exercises as volume 1, but with trickier fingering.

Administrator
    9/10 DLC - Three songs by Kaleo

• All The Pretty Girls (Lead/Rhythm req. Capo)
    • No Good
    • Way Down We Go (Rhythm req. Capo, Bass Eb Standard)

All songs E standard unless otherwise noted. I had never heard of these guys before, an Icelandic southern blues/rock band, I like what I've heard so far.

Administrator
    9/17 DLC - Three songs by "social media stars"

• Audrey & Kate - No Reason
    • The Dooo - Guitar Solos with Dooo #2 - Ascend (Lead Eb Standard, Rhythm + Bass Drop C)
    • Set the Charge - Everything But Me (Lead + Rhythm Drop D, Bass D Standard)

E standard unless otherwise noted. Only familiar with the first one, it's those two sisters from Japan who've been playing it a bunch. Between this and the "exercise" pack, it does make me a little nervous that Ubisoft is tightening the licensing purse strings/DLC isn't selling as well as it used to.

I know they semi-officially retitled the game "Rocksmith Remastered", but it still shows up as things like "Rocksmith 2014" on Steam and Amazon. Makes me wonder if that's hurting continuing sales, especially since it sounds like there are no active plans for a newly updated release.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Perhaps the CDLC has eaten into their sales?
    acket.

Administrator
    In some ways it has. I've heard that specifically Coheed has balked at licensing deals after finding their songs on customsforge, and the team have said that they aren't the only band that's done that, so that indirectly affects sales when you can't license a band that's in demand. On the other hand, customsforge is really good about removing any CDLC if there's an official DLC of the same song available, and I can't be the only user who will buy official DLC of any CDLC song I already own if it comes out.

As far as I know, the Rocksmith team's official stance on CDLC is that they won't push back on it as long as official DLC is the only available version of a song. Lord knows they could have fixed that Cherub Rock exploit a long while ago, but apparently have chosen not to.

I did like their response on reddit about why this bunch of songs costs just as much as any of the others. They have a policy that any externally licensed song will go for the same price, no matter how popular the band is. They won't charge more for a hugely popular one, and they won't charge less for one that nobody's heard of. They only charge less for in-house songs that they don't have to license. I'm cool with that.

What was Coheed's and others' reasoning? That the CDLC is good enough and they don't want their fans to have to pay?

Administrator
    My understanding is that they were upset that RS was allowing their essentially pirated songs to be used and didn't feel like enough would be done to protect their intellectual property. I also remember hearing that some artists see Ubi's willingness to live and let live with the CDLC world as profiting off of their work without permission - not through DLC sales obviously, but that they're all too willing to let it slide to sell more copies of the game. I can't find where I read that though, so take all that with a grain of salt. RS has stated that "the existence of unlicensed content has almost sunk a few partnerships with highly requested artists" previously.