Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Administrator
    After all this time, I finally won the Ernie Ball prizes from the Rocksmith livestream. The main thing I wanted was the cool "Spectrum Plectrum" Rocksmith branded picks.

Now, I just get to wait until we're all out of quarantine so they can ship them here.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yay!
    acket.

Administrator
    I hit 94% of the notes on Metallica's Orion today. I feel very good about this.

Watching a video of someone explaining how to play Fleetwood Mac songs on guitar is strange. "It's just this simple thing....and these 30 other simple things. At the same time. And much faster than this."

But...I can barely tell what is happening...
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    It's that "much faster" part that always gets you, too.

What song?

Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    Rocksmith+ got announced today, also with a registration form for a closed beta on PC. So far it sounds like it's only confirmed for PC.

The downside for me is that it's going to be subscription based. $14.99 a month, $39.99 for a 3-month sub, or $99.99 for a year long sub. I'm assuming you then get access to the entire library of songs rather than purchasing DLC.

Upsides are that apparently they've added a tab mode, so you don't have to use their note highway, and it sounds like they're launching a companion mobile app that you can use instead of the official cable, supposedly you just put your phone in front of your acoustic or your amp in the case of electric and it'll pick up and relay the sound for you.

They're adding the ability to make your own note charts, but *only* for songs that are already licensed. I'm guessing that this means no CDLC will work with the new one.

I've registered for the beta, so we'll see how that goes. I'm not 100% thrilled with the subscription direction as there's a ton of DLC that I actively loathe and hate paying for it, but if they made the guitarcade games suck less I might still be into it.

Administrator

That guy doing the video is almost like bad-game-show host levels of disingenuousness.

Administrator
    Got an invite for the beta right as I left for vacation, but got to try it out last night. I wish I could say a lot of good things about it, but it seems really broken to me. I had to restart it at least 10 times over a two hour period, and I'd say at least five of those times the initial loading screen would stall out at some random percentage and I'd have to kill it and try again. One time I played each string to prove to it that I was in tune and then it just got stuck there, and many times I've tried to start a song only to be met with a black screen and no way out other than killing the app. It seems like it's *really* reliant on being online and I'm hoping that they were just having server issues last night or something. I'll give it another go later today to see if it's any better.

The song list is also very sparse right now. I think that's on purpose, though.

That said, I can also invite other people as long as they're friends with me on Ubisoft Connect. My username is 'swerveaux' ​if anybody feels like getting an invite to the beta. It looks like if you do participate in the beta and then sign up for a subscription, you get some extra time on the sub for free (I think it's 3 extra months if you sign up for a year, with lesser amounts at the shorter subs).

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Thanks for the offer, B!

I hate that games now go to the nickel and dime format. I guess I should be happy we aren't paying 180 bucks* for premium games, like in the SNES days.

_________
    * Adjusted for inflation.
    acket.