Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Administrator

Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Figured I'd restart the thread.

However, my question I think is more guitar related. I finally got tired of my strings breaking all the damn time, so I picked up some 10s rather than some 9s. Specifically, I got some Ernie Ball Cobalts and then some D'Addario strings, since everyone told me how great they are. So far they're okay, but I'm noticing two things that I didn't seem to get with the 9's:

1) When I retune the low E string, it throws all the other strings off. If I detune to D from E, for instance, all the other strings go sharp. Goes the other way if I tighten the low E back up to E from D. Makes changing tunings a tremendous pain in the ass. Is this normal, or is it because it's a cheap guitar with a crappy neck? Is this something I can make it stop doing so much?

2) I'm noticing that the game always says I miss any harmonic on the 7th fret. Seems to pick up 12th and 5th just fine, but 7th never registers. I'm assuming that this means I need to fiddle with the intonation, but I wanted to make sure before I start doing something stupid.

Just got Bandfuse Rock Legends for the Xbox 360. It allows you to plug in a bass or electric guitar like Rocksmith. It also allow you to plug in a mike and sing if your fingers need a break. My Rocksmith cord did not work, but Bandfuse came with a cord, so the price was approaching 70$. There is no drum option though.

I like that the songs stay at the same difficulty level while you play them. Playing on Level 1 is actually easier than Rocksmith, because they don't throw stuff at you if you are doing well at your difficulty level.
    So far I am happy with my purchase of Bandfuse, and I think I will play it the same amount of time as Rocksmith for a while.

kaminholzgitarren.jpg

Last year I bought a bass because 4 thick strings are easier to handle than six thin strings.
    Until a few days ago I had no time to try it out but now it`s much easier.

Next week my retraining starts and I will also take the bass with me.

This afternoon I will buy a used 32" LCD so I can play, work with my laptop and watch tv.
    Only need to find a cheap used compact stereo so I can play Rocksmith 2014 lag free.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnight View Post
    Just got Bandfuse Rock Legends for the Xbox 360. It allows you to plug in a bass or electric guitar like Rocksmith. It also allow you to plug in a mike and sing if your fingers need a break. My Rocksmith cord did not work, but Bandfuse came with a cord, so the price was approaching 70$. There is no drum option though.

I like that the songs stay at the same difficulty level while you play them. Playing on Level 1 is actually easier than Rocksmith, because they don't throw stuff at you if you are doing well at your difficulty level.
    So far I am happy with my purchase of Bandfuse, and I think I will play it the same amount of time as Rocksmith for a while.
    I'm really bummed that there's no drumming in Bandfuse. I was hoping that it would be the Rock Band to the old Guitar Hero - we'd be able to throw together an entire band to play along. Which platforms is it out for?

How can you tell when a drummer is at your door?

The knocking speeds up.

Whoomah!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm really bummed that there's no drumming in Bandfuse. I was hoping that it would be the Rock Band to the old Guitar Hero - we'd be able to throw together an entire band to play along. Which platforms is it out for?
    Xbox 360 and PS3. I paid 68$ for it on Monday, and this weekend it's on sale through Gamestop for 39$ with the cable. D'oh!!

I did buy a microphone yesterday after work for 9.99. I'm not a singer at all, but I had fun trying to sing some songs, like Breakin' the Law. Then there are background tracks you can make your own songs to, and I tried making one up. The tv show It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia had a musical episode called Day Man. I used that, and changed the lyrics to Day Girl, because I heard a friend who bar tends tell a customer she is the day girl, so I instantly started sing Day Girl to her. I recorded my Bandfuse version with my Kindle, and showed it to some friends at the bar. Very awful, but funny. I started laughing when my dog was barking at my singing.

You can have 50 song saves that you performed on. I'm not sure if the is a way to sing on a track, save it, and use it to play guitar on. That sounds like a ton of fun, not sure if it can be done though. Can you do that on fake guitar games like Rock Band? If so, I might pick that up, I still have my GH "guitar" in my basement somewhere.

At George's (and others) request, I've split off the guitar advice into a thread in the Pits to leave this thread for game talk.
    Whoomah!

I am really interested in getting this game and most likely will soon. I already have a couple of guitars( one acoustic electric and a EPI Les Paul Studio)and can play basic cords and even learned some licks. I can play chords along with others on a few songs, but have a hard time with rhythm on my own.

One question I have is how do you guys have your system setup. I have read a lot about lag and using component to run the audio through my receiver. I have a Denon that the PS3 runs to and then a single HDMI runs to the TV. The Denon has a through mode where no processing is done. It also has a direct mode for audio that does no processing. The TV (Samsung Plasma) has a game mode as well for no processing of the video signal)
    I am hoping I can get away with strictly HDMI, but if not I should be able to run HDMI and component at the same time from the PS3 (dual audio) and set my Harmony up to select the proper inputs with a Rocksmith activity.

What say ye GTX Rocksmithers?

You can use the audio jacks of a old PSX, PS2, PS3 video cable with RCA jacks (component or composite) and set your PS3 somewhere in the setting to analog audio output.