Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Administrator
    Sure enough, Mastodon is out this week with those three songs. Two are D standard, one is Drop C. My guitar hates me when I do that.

Administrator
    Speculation based on the hints that they've dropped is that Cake is coming out next week. I'm sure The Distance will be one, and it sounds like it'll be at least four tracks. Should be fun stuff, especially on bass.

Cake confirmed. Sweet! Will be buying for sure just hope they select some good ones. Haven't been compelled to get any DLC for awhile. Hope my disc works.

I doubt it will be included but I would kill for 'Satan is My Motor'. It's ok, I can't think of any of their hits that wouldn't be good choices. And yeah, the bass will be pulled out this week.
    Last edited by 8400RPM; May 18th, 2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: I felt like it.

I do like their choices. Even the Spin Doctors song is a joy to play with, underrated from a guitar standpoint. I do love me some metal, but it doesn't have to be all metal and aggressive. Songs like Play Guitar by John Mellencamp or maybe some Steely Dan would be fun too.

Administrator
    I'd love to see some more blues, I'm still playing the heck out of the couple of Albert King songs. I also am happy to hear that the Spin Doctors song is fun to play, but seeing as it's one of my most hated songs of all time and I could happily spend the rest of my life never, ever hearing it again, it will have to stay off my list of songs.

Classic case of a band that suffered from overplaying of their singles. Some of their deeper cuts are good, though.

Fer example, "Refrigerator Car" off Pocket Full of Kryptonite just plain rocks.
    Whoomah!

Administrator
    Cake is out. Songs are:

The Distance
    I Will Survive
    Never There
    Short Skirt/Long Jacket
    Stickshifts and Safety Belts

Only I Will Survive and Never There have rhythm tracks for those of you not going the lead route.

Administrator
    It might just be because I've been a fan of the band for a long time, but the Cake pack is really goddamn fun. Can't wait to give it a whirl on bass, too.

I hear ya, Cake is fun stuff. I don't mind switching to lead if that's what's needed to play a song I like.

I still have intentions to get back to rocksmith. Boards first, then I should have 'some' free time.