Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Figured I'd restart the thread.

However, my question I think is more guitar related. I finally got tired of my strings breaking all the damn time, so I picked up some 10s rather than some 9s. Specifically, I got some Ernie Ball Cobalts and then some D'Addario strings, since everyone told me how great they are. So far they're okay, but I'm noticing two things that I didn't seem to get with the 9's:

1) When I retune the low E string, it throws all the other strings off. If I detune to D from E, for instance, all the other strings go sharp. Goes the other way if I tighten the low E back up to E from D. Makes changing tunings a tremendous pain in the ass. Is this normal, or is it because it's a cheap guitar with a crappy neck? Is this something I can make it stop doing so much?

2) I'm noticing that the game always says I miss any harmonic on the 7th fret. Seems to pick up 12th and 5th just fine, but 7th never registers. I'm assuming that this means I need to fiddle with the intonation, but I wanted to make sure before I start doing something stupid.

How can you tell when a drummer is at your door?

The knocking speeds up.

Whoomah!

At George's (and others) request, I've split off the guitar advice into a thread in the Pits to leave this thread for game talk.
    Whoomah!

I am really interested in getting this game and most likely will soon. I already have a couple of guitars( one acoustic electric and a EPI Les Paul Studio)and can play basic cords and even learned some licks. I can play chords along with others on a few songs, but have a hard time with rhythm on my own.

One question I have is how do you guys have your system setup. I have read a lot about lag and using component to run the audio through my receiver. I have a Denon that the PS3 runs to and then a single HDMI runs to the TV. The Denon has a through mode where no processing is done. It also has a direct mode for audio that does no processing. The TV (Samsung Plasma) has a game mode as well for no processing of the video signal)
    I am hoping I can get away with strictly HDMI, but if not I should be able to run HDMI and component at the same time from the PS3 (dual audio) and set my Harmony up to select the proper inputs with a Rocksmith activity.

What say ye GTX Rocksmithers?

You can use the audio jacks of a old PSX, PS2, PS3 video cable with RCA jacks (component or composite) and set your PS3 somewhere in the setting to analog audio output.

I still have intentions to get back to rocksmith. Boards first, then I should have 'some' free time.

Anyone else having problems getting the game to play after the update?

My xbox won't load the game some 70% of the time.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. You can set the PS3 to use both at the same time, then set the receiver to use the analog audio and pass the HDMI video to the TV. It's what I will likely have to according to the reading I have done. I just don't want to have to switch back and forth for BluRay playing and Rocksmith, so I will make a dedicated Rocksmith setting on my Harmony. I know it sounds weird but my wife and daughter won't switch back and forth if I don't.

I play all those music games on the new 360 which is connected via HDMI to my good tv.
    The only instrument that registers right is the keyboard at RB3.

So I put a adaptor with RCA sockets to my new 360 and connected it to my stereo and now it works like it should.

My old 360 that got no HDMI is connected via component to a old flatscreen tv so I got no need to connect it to a stereo.

Will take the old 360 and tv with me for my retraining, so I can learn bass after school.