Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Administrator
    Yeah, the Bachsmith stuff is good. Even if I hate the arrangement of Ride of the Valkyries (not that it's the greatest piece anyway, but it's a little too cheesy on there for my tastes), they are really great practice songs. Even if I thought Sublime would be fun, they've been so overplayed for so many years that I can't even stand to listen to them anymore :/

Surprised there's still no DLC hint for next week. Well, a psuedo one in that one of the RS guys tweeted UbiSoft SF asking if they were going to be doing "three different hints or one big one?", so I'm assuming it won't be a single band pack.

The guess is Skynyrd - Simple Kind Of Man, Nugent - Stranglehold, and Deep Purple - Highway Star

Not sure if this is 100%.

Yep, those are the ones. Just singles too, can't buy as a pack from what I can see, 2.99 for each one.

Administrator
    Well, all good things must come to an end. Looks like next week's DLC is Creed.

I must admit I look forward to breaking my strings on One if that is offered.

Man, my grip on my left hand gets tired so fast doing fast strumming power chord songs like Blitzkrieg Bop. Can't imagine doing some even faster more intense songs of the same type, then doing it for a long play list; standing up. I'm not worthy and never will be! But I still love this practicing with Rocksmith 2014 and a couple other practice tools I use. Damn, I would blow a nut if they brought some Kyuss to DLC, and for sure more QOTSA. Hooked on that desert fuzz.

Administrator
    Radiohead's Creep is the one that teaches me that a) I don't have the hand strength to keep up an E-shape barre for the whole song and b) my E-shape barre is sloppy as hell.

An unasked-for and humbly submitted tip for barre chords: don't PULL with your index finger. Instead, PUSH with your thumb. It sounds wrong but works, at least for me, to help make the barre more firm.

Damn, the only Creed song I really wanted to play, One, and it's not on the 5 song DLC, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Radiohead's Creep is the one that teaches me that a) I don't have the hand strength to keep up an E-shape barre for the whole song and b) my E-shape barre is sloppy as hell.
    I struggle with Alive (Pearl Jam) and all it's barre chords, which show up on the very low difficulty levels. Some day I will have to slow it down, and grind through it on slow speed. I think it is important for my progress as a guitar player to stop avoiding them and start learning them. Today is not the day though,

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    An unasked-for and humbly submitted tip for barre chords: don't PULL with your index finger. Instead, PUSH with your thumb. It sounds wrong but works, at least for me, to help make the barre more firm.
    I must try this, if it might help, I need to.

Got Greenday instead of Creed. It's more like the Ramones, trying to learn Blitzkrieg Bog so I can jam with a friend who plays the drums. Figured Greenday will help build my strength, endurance, and shifting for playing the Ramones.