Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Administrator
    George - just trying to do what you're saying lead me to keep my thumb a little bit further up the neck when doing a barre, which seems to have helped with the barre itself. It hasn't fixed the fact that I'm sloppy with my ring finger on E-shaped barres, just too far back from the fret, but it has helped with the rest of it. Now, have to get myself into the habit.

Shinedown is the next DLC. Not into them.

Administrator
    Oi. A while ago they said that Coheed & Cambria were in the pipeline, but no idea when it'd happen. I'm becoming impatient.

Administrator
    Next gen versions confirmed for November. Doesn't sound like much in the way of features, just sharpened up visuals and presumably better loading times. PS4 will have PS Vita support for basically showing tabs, it sounds like, so you can have it in front of you and practice. Also both will have built in support for recording and sharing performances. DLC will carry over from 360 -> XBone and PS3 -> PS4 but, obviously, no cross-company portability (too bad, as I think I like the PS4 more). No idea on pricing, presumably it'll be in the normal price range.

I also read that the DLC is going to be strong with mega-hits for the fall/winter cycle. The liaison dude on the forum there, Dan Amrich (or something) said he was very excited about the upcoming DLC in the next few months, he said that just tonight in a thread I posted in. We shall see.

Administrator
    This week's selection should be amusing.

Autograph “Turn Up the Radio” – Eb Standard
    Billy Squier “The Stroke”
    Dio – “Holy Diver”
    Poison “Nothin’ but a Good Time” – Eb Standard
    Winger “Seventeen” – Eb Standard

Yep, bought them all. Billy Squire and Dio are the 2 I want to play most.

Administrator
    Interesting about this pack, everyone seems to be stoked about a couple of them but have one or two they don't care about. I'm mostly just into the Dio, but the Billy Squier one is the one I care about the least. Probably get it anyway though.

Administrator
    Picked them up, but didn't get a chance to play the Poison or Autograph songs yet. Also picked up Surrender (which turned out to be much easier than expected if a bit of a finger stretcher) and 25 or 6 to 4. Lots of fun so far, though the Winger one is significantly tougher than I would have expected.

Off-topic comments about "25 or 6 to 4" and other stuff hidden below spoiler tag so as not to disrupt the thread about Rocksmith/Bandfuse too badly.

Spoiler:

Once you learn 25 or 6 to 4, it shouldn't be a stretch to add two more to your repertoire. They use the same chord progression.

I played this one 53,697,109 times in my long-time cover band in the '90s. Well, maybe not quite that many times, but it seemed like it.

We've all heard the Zeppelin version enough by now, I'm guessing, so how about this version from Great White? I'm thinking this was MTV Unplugged but don't know for sure.

And, unrelated to the above and just 'cause I love the original Chicago band before they became "smooth pop" or whatever in the '80s, here's a favorite of mine with the late Terry Kath on guitar and vocals.

Guitar geek bonus points for anyone who can identify the guitar riff at 4:39 - 4:43. Hint: it's a "quote" from a song by a popular rock guitarist/singer/songwriter.

Last edited by George; October 23rd, 2014 at 03:48 PM.