Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Administrator
    The previously mentioned Tom Petty pack comes out tomorrow, one of the Free Fallin' arrangements requires a capo. Guess it's finally time to get one.

Administrator
    Really enjoying the Tom Petty pack. I don't think any of the songs are particularly difficult, which is just fine by me. Noticing that somehow the Open tunings appear to break the sorting by tuning. Seven Nation Army is open A and somehow gets its own group while overriding Eb standard, so all Eb standard songs show up in the listing as open A, while Won't Back Down is Open G and it just falls into the E standard tuning. Doubt that will be fixed, as they've made it pretty clear that there's a significant money outlay to get patches for consoles that they don't want to go through.

Today brings the first repeat appearance in a pack, Foo Fighters, with 5 more songs.

Monkey Wrench
    Rope
    Long Road to Ruin
    The Pretender
    Learn to Fly

Probably pick that up as well.

That is weird, no Sonic Highways songs, but also no I'll Stick Around,, This Is A Call, or Big Me. Still a good pack, but makes me think even more FF could be in the pipeline since they've broken the seal.

Administrator
    Really liking the FF songs, couldn't be bothered to get Bullet for my Valentine this past week. Next week: Bon Jovi. No idea what songs yet, and while he's not my favorite my wife is going to be thrilled.

Administrator
    And it's a five-pack.

• Blaze of Glory
    • It's my Life
    • Livin' on a Prayer
    • Wanted Dead or Alive
    • You Give Love a Bad Name

Gotta have a Strat to play those Richie Sambora licks!

Administrator
    This implies that I'm only missing that one ingredient to play those Richie Sambora licks

Maybe the hat too.

I never bought any Bon Jovi for myself, but I did buy Slippery When Wet for my sister, Christmas of 1986. Nevertheless, I did buy this DLC. Being familiar with their music helps me when it comes to learning guitar, and there is something satisfying about playing stuff I've heard for so long. Plus, Living On A Prayer is a blast for me to practice (lead). I enjoy practicing the 2 and 3 string chords, at least on the lower difficulties, don't know how many strings the chords are on harder levels. But the is a good amount horizontal and some vertical movement with the chords, right now that challenges me and feels like good practice. I want to pound that, get really good at it on this song before I boost the difficulty.

Administrator
    Next up is Rage Against the Machine, and we already know that Jimi is coming after that.

Administrator
    The Rage songs are stupid fun to play. These will be in regular rotation despite 4 of 7 being in non-standard tuning.