Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. You can set the PS3 to use both at the same time, then set the receiver to use the analog audio and pass the HDMI video to the TV. It's what I will likely have to according to the reading I have done. I just don't want to have to switch back and forth for BluRay playing and Rocksmith, so I will make a dedicated Rocksmith setting on my Harmony. I know it sounds weird but my wife and daughter won't switch back and forth if I don't.

I play all those music games on the new 360 which is connected via HDMI to my good tv.
    The only instrument that registers right is the keyboard at RB3.

So I put a adaptor with RCA sockets to my new 360 and connected it to my stereo and now it works like it should.

My old 360 that got no HDMI is connected via component to a old flatscreen tv so I got no need to connect it to a stereo.

Will take the old 360 and tv with me for my retraining, so I can learn bass after school.

Administrator
    I was running Rocksmith via HDMI through my Sony receiver and into the TV. There was lag, but nothing too bad. It was fine for most modes, but when it came to the "Score Attack" mode on RS2014, that's whent he lag became noticable, since it was pretty hard to get a "Perfect" timing. I've since switched to component going into the TV and analog going into the receiver, but I haven't figured out a way to do "direct" or "through" mode, so I still have a bit of audio lag. Not much, but just enough to be annoying on score attack. Absolutely no problems when playing the normal "Learn a Song" mode.

Interestingly, if I plug the analog audio directly into my TV, the lag is so bad the game is nearly unplayable.

Tom that means there is some processing going on somewhere. A suggestion I see on some forums is to use powered speakers or headphones hooked directly to the XBox or PS3. That seems to eliminate all audio lag. And just from reading it seems the Xbox has a little more of an issue than the PS3 as far as lag, but that could be skewed by more players using the Xbox instead of PS3.

Anyone played with the bass stuff?
    Whoomah!

I play with the bass but I`m a absolute beginner.

Administrator
    I've done a fair bit with the emulated bass which works well enough to have fun with, and a friend of mine who's a professional player came over with his bass and played along with me one time. In his case, he had a hell of a time with the notation, but he knew how to play most of the songs we played anyway, and the game definitely recognized that. We played Higher Ground and he essentially nailed it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Conman View Post
    Tom that means there is some processing going on somewhere. A suggestion I see on some forums is to use powered speakers or headphones hooked directly to the XBox or PS3. That seems to eliminate all audio lag. And just from reading it seems the Xbox has a little more of an issue than the PS3 as far as lag, but that could be skewed by more players using the Xbox instead of PS3.
    I've been far too lazy to find some powered speakers, but I do think I might have just figured out how to disable audio processing. Looks like it's a badly named button on the remote that doesn't show up on my Harmony (yet) called "Sound Select". Sounds like I can select 2 Channel Analog Direct which supposedly turns off all signal processing. We'll see when I get a chance to test it.

Administrator
    Sure enough, it did help. I still don't know if it's perfect, but then again, my timing might have been off due to a couple of beers beforehand. I did seem to be getting a lot closer though.

I hate when I'm using a custom tone playing a song, and it keeps switching my tone back to default as I am playing. How can I keep a custom tone locked in for the duration of a song?