Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Been wanting to get an electric again and play, so I picked up this pretty thing today, and Rocksmith while i was at it. Only $35 on Amazon, so I had BB price match . I got it on the XBone, but I might DL the PC version. $35 was about $20 cheaper than I could find the cable by itself, so I figure I got the XBone version for free.

First think I noticed was how flimsy the neck feels. Really hard to play in tune. But it was cheap, no biggie.

Administrator
    When I bought the game at first there was no PC version. Was feeling pretty locked into the XBox version until I moved and never had a good chance to hook up the 360 again, so I finally started going over to the PC.

Definitely think about which one you're going to want to stick with before you start buying DLC. I'm personally pretty happy I switched to the PC finally, but I do miss a lot of my old DLC from the Xbox that I haven't bought a second time.

That part of the reason I want to use PC, so I don't have to worry about the future consoles and compatibility and such.

Also so I can watch TV while I play

Administrator
    Just to make it official.

DLC 7/26 - Pixies 4-pack

• Debaser
    • Wave of Mutilation
    • Monkey Gone to Heaven
    • Hey

All E Standard.

I'm loving this. Most fun I've had playing guitar since i was in my teens. The Riff Repeater is awesome for learning. I set it up for leveling up after 2 clean runs, and when it gets hard, I turn the speed down a bit, with the option on to speed up as you get better. My fingers are a mess right now. Maybe I should take a few days to heal.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    I'm loving this. Most fun I've had playing guitar since i was in my teens. The Riff Repeater is awesome for learning. I set it up for leveling up after 2 clean runs, and when it gets hard, I turn the speed down a bit, with the option on to speed up as you get better. My fingers are a mess right now. Maybe I should take a few days to heal.
    It really is great fun. I wish I was patient enough for Riff Repeater - I know it's the best way to learn, but my impatience combined with a desire to not annoy the shit out of my wife playing the same riff over and over again means I don't use it as much as I should. That said, I did just 100% a Coheed song, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Administrator
    DLC 8/2 - Variety Song Pack III

• The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
    • Joe Satriani - Always with you, Always with me
    • Pantera - 5 Minutes Alone - (D Standard)
    • Styx - Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)

All E Standard except Pantera, as noted.

Administrator
    RS is coming out with "Rocksmith 2014 Remastered" in October to commemorate the fifth anniversary of Rocksmith. Sounds like it'll be a free patch for existing users, but come out as a separate retail product as well. Main changes are:

• Improvements to search, sort, and filter tools for the song library
    • Search extended to Learn a Song, Score Attack, and the DLC shop, so you can type in part of a song or band name now.
    • Custom song lists for non-stop play, so you can put together practice routines.
    • Pause and navigate freely through entire tracks in Riff Repeater and loop phrases more effectively (not entirely sure what this means)
    • View all song arrangements from improved Song Hub, and launch directly into them without changing paths (hooray, no popping back and forth between rhythm and lead!)
    • Filter non-stop play by tuning, and allow non-stop to select from multiple arrangements.
    • Customize rate of dynamic difficulty adjustments, or disable dynamic difficult entirely.
    • Improved player statistics.

While the patch is free for existing players, people buying it new at retail get six new songs. Those songs will be paid DLC for existing players. Songs are:

• Bob Marley & The Wailers - Three Little Birds
    • Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
    • FUN. - Some Nights
    • Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
    • Outkast - Hey Ya!
    • Train - Drops of Jupiter

Definitely looking forward to the UI improvements. I'm hoping there are some bugfixes too, like how it never remembers your settings for Master Mode. If they could speed up the process between rounds of the guitarcade exercises, that'd be a welcome change too.

A few good improvements there, but mostly not too exciting for me. I like the customize rate of dynamic difficulty adjustments, that sounds like something I could use.

While RS 2104 had many improvements over the original, there is something about the originals gameplay that I prefer. I actually think it was easier to read the notes and chords in the original version than the way it is now, plus the dynamic difficulty worked better in the original for me as well.

I wish they could find a way to improve the latency problems with the XBOX One, I would really like to upgrade but poor latency can ruin everything. I have never tried the XBONE version, but that's what I hear.

Administrator
    Yeah, unfortunately, that's a fun side effect of HDMI latency. I hear some TVs are better than others - I could play reasonably okay over HDMI on the 360 with my setup, but sometimes I hear of like 700ms+ latency, and that'd be just a killer.

The only time the latency ever bothered me was in score attack. I'd think I was playing at the exact right time, but it was always slightly late, so I'd never get the "perfect" rating.

Thankfully for me, I think I prefer RS2014 over the first one in basically every single way, except I do miss the cool Star Spangled Banner arrangement. I did have some trouble adjusting to the new display when it first came out, but I have no problems reading notes now.