Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Or a 7-string Ibanez. Perhaps the already-detuned Munky signature model?

Or for the truly me(n)tal, the Meshuggah signature model 8-string!
    Whoomah!

Administrator
    Stupid question: Tried out the Lick Lab and really like that whole "break the solo down into little phrases and practice", but is there a way you can get it to not speed up if you don't do that well on a playthrough? I was working on a solo and could barely get 50% at 60% speed, and it just says "Okay, now do it at 75% speed!" Seems only marginally useful if it doesn't let you keep practicing at a slow speed until you can at least get most of the notes.

I know on the riff repeater you can turn off the option. I can't remember what it is called, but there are 2 options for it, one for speed and the other for difficulty.

Heh, he is talking about Bandfuse (maybe it needs its own thread). There may be a way to select the top speed you want in the Lick Lab before you start the section I can't remember, but you can definitely choose your section and speed in Practice mode but maybe you already knew that. Also, Lick Lab doesn't have every single part of the songs like practice mode does.

DLC for Bandfuse today is 10 songs.
    •Blues Traveler – Run-Around
    •Boston – Foreplay/Long Time
    •Filter – Hey Man, Nice Shot
    •Incubus – Pardon Me
    •The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Fire (Live)
    •The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Love or Confusion
    •Lynyrd Skynyrd – Simple Man
    •The Offspring – All I Want
    •Pantera – Cowboys from Hell (Live)
    •Yes – Roundabout

Back to Rocksmith. System of a Down DLC today: Aerials, BYOB, and Toxicity. Not too shabby.

Administrator
    So far, the guy from the Bandfuse studio has not been able to figure out why I get booted off of XBL whenever I play it. I eventually breadboarded it all - removed the kinect, didn't plug in any cable for mic or guitar, and just let the game sit at the attract screen, and sure enough, booted off XBL. I have been assured that I won't lose access to any DLC I buy, however, so I guess it's not that big of a deal, I just don't get to be part of the leaderboards.

Wanna Fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Or a 7-string Ibanez. Perhaps the already-detuned Munky signature model?

Or for the truly me(n)tal, the Meshuggah signature model 8-string!
    Neither of those will help with Drop-C unless you intend to tune them UP from factory tunings. A 7 standard is B and an 8 is F#, both lower than C.

Longer scale 6 string is what you need for C although you might be able to get away with a more regular scale and gigantic strings, but then you'd be looking at permanently adjusting the nut and having far too much string pull for any higher tunings so you might as well just spring for a baritone...

Somewhat amusingly, the recently unveiled Ibanez 9 string White Elephant has C for its lowest string, albeit an octave down from what you want.

Last edited by Rob; January 30th, 2014 at 02:24 AM.

Administrator
    It looks like my wireless adapter is, for whatever reason, incompatible with Bandfuse. It's a genuine X360 adapter, but Bandfuse just does not want to play nice with it. I ran a wired connection (woot 50-foot ethernet cable) to the router and had absolutely no problems.

In the meantime, I like that in practice mode I can just run a song over and over at 60% speed, but of course it doesn't break it down into short phrases like the lick lab does. I hope in a patch they decide to combine the two.

I'd say we should separate this out into another thread, but at the same time, I expect the actual Bandfuse chat to drop off as soon as I come to grips with the whole thing. The DLC for it is only monthly, so I don't expect a lot of Bandfuse talk in a week or two, so it's probably okay to just remain in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Neither of those will help with Drop-C unless you intend to tune them UP from factory tunings. A 7 standard is B and an 8 is F#, both lower than C.
    Stick a capo on it.
    Whoomah!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    In the meantime, I like that in practice mode I can just run a song over and over at 60% speed, but of course it doesn't break it down into short phrases like the lick lab does. I hope in a patch they decide to combine the two.
    You know you can pick smaller sections in practice mode right? Just not the super short phrases ala Lick Lab I believe.

I agree with keeping both games in the same thread, I don't think there's enough activity to sustain both. (guitar pun intended )

Glad you're figuring out your online connection, you'll be my only leaderboard friend!

Rocksmith:

Speaking of leaderboards, I see you've got some pretty good scores on the Score Attack Easy boards. I was going after some of them, but I hate Easy mode and it seems you have to play slightly ahead of the beat to get perfects on each note which is horrible. Is it like that for you? Must be due to input lag but it seems like they could compensate for that. At least it's harder to fail now than it used to be so going for Medium and Hard mode isn't so frustrating.
    Last edited by 8400RPM; January 30th, 2014 at 12:41 PM.

Wanna Fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Stick a capo on it.
    I'm not sure they expected folk players to buy a 9 string and haven't seen any gargantuan capos yet.