Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 8400RPM View Post
    You know you can pick smaller sections in practice mode right? Just not the super short phrases ala Lick Lab I believe.

Speaking of leaderboards, I see you've got some pretty good scores on the Score Attack Easy boards. I was going after some of them, but I hate Easy mode and it seems you have to play slightly ahead of the beat to get perfects on each note which is horrible. Is it like that for you? Must be due to input lag but it seems like they could compensate for that. At least it's harder to fail now than it used to be so going for Medium and Hard mode isn't so frustrating.
    Yeah, I know you can do that in practice mode, but I really liked the lick lab for learning solos. Really breaking it down and mastering each part seemed like the way I want to do it, and I'm annoyed that it won't let you keep doing it slowly until you learn it. That'll be my suggestion to them, make a manual mode for that, where you only graduate up to the next speed when you ask to.

And yeah, when I first got it I wanted to play all the time, but my main time where I have the TV to myself is when I wake up before my wife. That also means I have to play guitar *very quietly*, so easy mode was the way to go. I do have the same thing with having to play slightly ahead to get perfects, but that was definitely do to the input lag. Ever since I figured out the "Direct analog" mode on my receiver, that fixed the problem for me, it's actually pretty easy to get perfects now. That said, I found that my scores only slightly improved, far less than I had expected, so I wasn't really worried about being a jerk and screwing up everyone's easy leaderboards anymore. I also noticed that since I fixed that input lag, I don't get dinged nearly as often on the bends and slides.

Also, my guitar has gone back to "I'm going to throw all strings out of tune when you retune one of them", so I'm guessing I did something wrong with adjusting the bridge. Will try to deck it more per George's suggestions and hope that that fixes it.

Administrator
    Decked the bridge more, basically as much as physically possible. Seems to have helped, hope it holds.

REM 5 pack for Rocksmith today:
    Everybody Hurts
    The One I Love
    Shiny Happy People
    Uberlin
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

I like some REM songs. Most of these are not the ones I like.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    needs moar rawk!
    acket.

Bought Rocksmith 2014 over the weekend. Love it. I suck, but love it. Getting callouses back on my fingers already. I am trying to commit an hour a day to it. So far so good.

I'd love it if Rocksmith got some Death From Above 1979 songs. Though they were just a two man group with a drum and bass, I would love to play the repeating riff from Romantic Rights. Nothing complex, but very catchy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EBtYekFzfAI

And enjoy Conman, it's a great idea for a game. I love it.

Administrator
    Rise Against five-pack came out. I assume they'll just be minor variations on the couple of songs they've got on there already.

got me dee Doors, oh yeah!, not exactly a group you think about guitar-wise, but what zee hell, luv me some Doors, trying out Roadhouse Blues, Rocksmith thanks for pumping them out so often

first attempt at RHB.................rather gruesome, lol!

Boston this week, nice, bought it. Fun for me to play with.