Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

I need more free time. I haven't touched this since I went to Guatemala.

Administrator
    Hitch a Ride is a blast to play, really enjoying the Boston pack.

Yeah me too. Boston has some fun power chord combos to play with. I've been turning on Rocksmith to know what notes to hit, then plug my guitar into my Peavey Vypyr amp and have a blast making noise.

My flawless looking Rocksmith disc can't be read anymore by my 360, so I guess I need a cleaner disc or something. So I popped in Bandfuse, forgot how much fun it is. Mostly messing around with Jesse's Girl and Limelight. A shame they pulled the plug on DLC so soon.

Administrator
    They basically pulled the plug on the entire operation. As far as I can tell, they never bothered with a marketing budget, I don't know if I ever saw an ad for it. They posted to Twitter that they are suspending operations indefinitely.

I also haven't picked up Bandfuse since a couple of days after I bought it, FWIW. I really wanted to like it because I wanted it to help me learn tab interfaces, but in the end, I hated the way they did difficulty levels. I like how Rocksmith ramps me up and will dumb down the hard parts but let me play the rest of the song as intended, e.g., I can pretty much play all of Fear of the Dark except for the solo, I still have to dumb that down.

On the plus side, the discs go on sale pretty regularly it seems, I think they make most of their money on DLC just like the Rock Band folks did. Speaking of, this week sees a three pack of Garbage: Stupid Girl, I'm Only Happy When It Rains, and I Think I'm Paranoid. From what I gather they're all pretty easy, which means they'll probably end up in my regular rotation.

Administrator
    Oh, and rumors are swirling that Rage Against the Machine is showing up next week, but they're only rumors.

I bought the Garbage DLC, then my Rocksmith disc wouldn't read. I forgot to pick up a cleaning disc on my way home from work. Maybe I can find one around the house somewhere, but it's been years since I remember seeing it. I will pick up RATM if it is the DLC next week. I didn't get Bob Dylan, not into his music at all.

I had enough fun with Bandfuse yesterday that I will pop that back in tonight. Practice mode is interesting, learning the intro to Limelight bit by bit. I even srewed around with some singing, but theplayback quality from my mic was not consistant, to be kind. I guess Rock Band is better for singing.

Funny I have a perfectly clean Rocksmith 2014 disc that suddenly stopped reading a few weeks ago with no problems reading my other discs. One day it won't read, the next day it reads fine. It's gone back and forth like this for awhile and I have no clue.

311 DLC this week; Down, Amber, and Beautiful Disaster. I'll buy them tonight after work.

Administrator
    They accidentally released some future DLC info to Steam - you can't buy it yet, but the listings are there.

Three pack of Mastodon: "Black Tongue", "Oblivion", and "Colony of Birchmen"