Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith/Bandfuse

Administrator
    Yeah. It's not horribly outrageous if you go for the annual plan, but it still kinda sucks. I can see the potential benefit, that the song selection might be more eclectic since you don't have to only make songs that you know will sell as DLC, but it also means paying for a shitton of songs I don't care about and have no intention of playing. I have seen in the past when they pick songs from a band that aren't their best guitar songs but are the bigger hits, just because you need people to buy the songs to make it worth it.

Paying monthly though is insanely high. Like, it's hard to imagine that it's worth as much as HBO Max.

Administrator
    Haven't really had much of a chance to play today, but I did fire it up and click around the songs for a few. It seems like it's actually loading reliably today, so I'm assuming they were having server issues yesterday.

Given Ubisoft's history of things like that, it does make me a little nervous to have this online-only.

EDIT: It is running *much* better today. No black screens, no failed loading attempts. The lack of a song list is atrocious, though.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; July 6th, 2021 at 05:41 PM.

Hey Swervo I would appreciate an invite. I registered for the beta when they first announced it but nothing yet. I guess being a customer since day one and owning the game on all 3 platforms isn’t worth much.

I added you as a friend on Ubisoft connect so you should see that. Thank you sir!

Administrator
    Invite sent! You apparently have 48 hours to accept it, but it also sounds like I can just resend if that time passes.

Excellent! Thanks again.

Administrator
    No problem! Be prepared to be underwhelmed by the song list so far, but I assume that they're keeping a lot of that hidden for now. I'm also finding note detection to be far more strict, I'm missing a lot of notes that I would have hit in previous versions.

Administrator
    Well, after a decade of strong community engagement followed by a year of absolute radio silence, today they announced that Rocksmith+ will be released on 9/6, so about a week from now. Claiming 5,700 songs in the library at start, but then saying they will "comment on what's in the library at a later date", which gives them only so much time to do so before presumably we all find out what it is.

I'll be out of town for the release, but looking forward to playing with it when I get back in mid September.

Administrator
    Well, despite them saying that they'll have more to say about the song list, it appears to be available on their website: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/r...s/song-library FWIW, the site runs like the Guitar Hero 3 site did when that first came out, it's like this thing is running a first version rails setup on an old 486.

I've seen a few good things in there, it's definitely a better list than the beta (which was to be expected). I just hope it works right, I haven't been able to get RS2014 to work right for months now.

EDIT: Site's all sorts of broken, too. Some bands will show that they have like 50 songs in the game, you click through and they list one.

Administrator
    Okay, so a few things from digging through the song list. It's like 5,700 songs, but maybe 400 of them have actual charts, the rest are just chord charts. A lot of names that have been in the game for a long time are missing, off the top of my head, there's nothing from

• The Who
    • Radiohead
    • Rush
    • Norah Jones
    • Foo Fighters
    • Muse
    • Stone Temple Pilots
    • Alice in Chains
    • Judas Priest

Also, some bands have come back but with different, way less known songs. Pearl Jam is in there, but with three songs I don't recognize at all and none of the ones that were in the game previously.

This is all disappointing, but it's not that bad. They say that new songs will get added every month (and presumably some will get removed) as the whole thing is like a Spotify subscription service now. You sign up, you get access to every song in the library as long as you keep paying your sub.

What really sucks is it looks like some of the licensing is region based. There was a bunch of kerfuffle on Reddit because of a lack of metal in the listings, while then a bunch of people were like "what are you talking about, we finally got Metallica, Master of Puppets is in it." It is....if you're outside the US.

I'll probably sign up anyway when I'm back from my trip. I get three free months for being part of the beta if I sign up for a year, and I figure it's worth the $100 to see where it goes and try to support the franchise, but this is not a strong start.

Will you be able to use custom charts, like we could with the old one? Granted many were shit, especially the audio, it's how I at least started to learn a ton of my favorite songs.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)