Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Thread Oficiales de Taco Bell

Los Thread Oficiales de Taco Bell

(With apologies to faulty for mangling his language--and his cuisine. Ahem.)

Steak Quesarito -- A+, would buy again. Bring a spare napkin or two, though.

Fritos Burrito -- D, would not bother. Less than crunchy and more than salty. Oddly flavo(u)rless despite all the salt.
    Whoomah!

Their breakfast burrito is pretty decent. Arby's still has THE BEST breakfast burrito(I refuse to call it a "wrap") going.

No quiero Taco Hell. -- F-, neva, eva, EVA again.

Interesting... I was not all that impressed with the quesarito. It wasn't bad or anything, but not good enough to warrant a second purchase. Definitely glad to get the warning on the Fritos burrito - because I was going to give that a try tomorrow.

I still really like the the cool ranch tacos, but the shells are so fragile they're too much of a pain in the ass for me to normally get - I generally only hit up TB when I'm in the car and starving.

The steak quesarito >> beef quesarito, FWIW.
    Whoomah!

Appropriate for this thread....I stand by my original statement tho.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/i-ate-...learned-159645

That guy is obviously a pathetic amateur. Getting full after two items? Eating things out of obvious order? I could easily demolish the whole menu and not feel bad afterwards. I appreciate the effort, but the article is like reading a Consumer Reports car review.

i'm with TSG.. everyone knows crunchy foods get eaten first.

and then for this person to not check the bag to be sure everything is there before leaving the store? noob. i do it even at places i've never had an issue with missing items.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Wife does enough mangling of our cuisine already... The motif of language on the contrary, my dear sir...
    acket.

A search revealed we have not one but two Taco Bell threads. As this is Los Thread Oficiales, I figured I'd better toe the line and post in here, rather than risking a post in a non-sanctioned rogue thread.

Let me preface this by saying I went to the eye doctor two weeks ago. I know I have 20/20 vision with my glasses or prescription sunglasses on. Maybe some of you Taco Bell regulars knows what's coming from me mentioning eyesight, at least if all their drive-through menu boards are the same these days.

Now, I haven't been to a Taco Bell in ages, and that suits me fine, but this morning I left my lunch on the washing machine near the door to the garage. I thought I could hold out, but about 3:30 this afternoon my hongries got the better of me, so I dashed out to grab something quickly. I reluctantly headed over to the local fast food row, and to my amazement, there were NO cars in line at Taco Bell. During the lunch hour, there are usually so many cars in line that it's hard to get in and out of the parking lot, so it's an easy place for me never to visit. I figured this was my chance for some once-per-year TB gluttony, followed by much regret.

No dice. I couldn't read the menu! Oh, sure, I could see that a Combo #1 costs $X.XX, but from the tiny pictures and microscopic text, I couldn't tell what a Combo #1 was, or any of the other things. The text on the a la carte section was just as tiny. All I could read clearly was whatever GIANT SIZE FONT NEW THING they're pitching this week. I think it had something to do with breakfast, but I couldn't say for sure. They also had some things I had never even heard of. I think they just make up new nonsense names that sound remotely Spanish when they figure out a new way to re-package the same old ingredients that they use in everything else.

Yes, I could have gone inside, but I didn't have time for that when there were several other restaurants nearby with legible drive-through menus. Besides, I was a little pissed off and really hongry by this time, so I figured I'd probably get in an old-man-style discussion with the cashier about why they don't use larger text on their drive-through menu. Nope, that's not worth my time or effort.

But I gotta ask, like Abe Simpson yelling at clouds, why bother having a drive-through in the first place if people with 20/20 vision cannot read it from microphone where orders are placed?