Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Los Thread Oficiales de Taco Bell

I shouldn't be surprised that common sense died a long time ago, but sometimes I still am.

I went to Taco Bell this weekend for lunch while running errands around town. I was the only car in the drive-through, which was a big reason why I chose the place. Typically I'll keep driving if I see four or five or more cars already lined up.

The famous Yogi Berra quote could be easily said of the metro area where I live: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Anyway, I ordered one of the combos with a soft drink. When I arrived at the payment/pickup window - but not when I was asked for my order - I was told their ice machine was broken. No problem, I said. I'd still like the food I ordered, but please deduct the cost of the drink. I don't want a warm drink with no ice.

"You can't do that with a combo", I was told. Not she couldn't do it, but I couldn't do it, as if I was trying to pull some kind of a scam. She said she'd have to ring up all the food separately, which would cost more, she told me.

"I'm not paying for a drink when I'm not getting a drink."

"You can have a drink!", she replied.

"Yes, but I don't want a warm drink with no ice. How 'bout you take off a dollar or two and we call it good?"

Nope. The computer says she had to collect $X, and she wasn't about to come up short on her register.

Sigh...

Needless to say, they didn't get my money and I didn't my sack of grub, which was probably for the best.

At least they didn't take your money 1st and then tell you they have no ice or no tacos...

To be fair, minimum wage cashiers probably just can't help you. Should ask to speak with store manager or CEO in order to give authorization to break a combo!

I've ordered a large Coke at a McDonald's once... they gave me the cup... and I had to walk to the soda fountain to find out Coke was out of order. Luckily I found the store manager who was able to quickly give me a refund. Otherwise I'm sure other cashiers would've stare at me thinking... 'no my problem! Drink something else!'

These mega fast food chains' just not set up to handle the unexpected well. It's also not really their job to care. You can walk away and Taco Bell ended up making 0 dollars off of you and they wouldn't care. Not their problemo.

Oh, I agree. And I wasn't surprised by this exchange, but it was just another eye-rolling moment somewhere between "kids these days!" and "those damn computer-cash registers!"

I think cash registers in those places don't even have dollars and cents amounts but rather names of what's being ordered. Didn't collect enough money and credit cards to cover everything you punched in? You owe money at the end of your shift.

I did wonder (to myself) where the manager was, especially with a young person in the window with a broken ice machine, but having been a restaurant manager myself in days gone by, I assumed at that very moment he was in the office in the back on the phone, trying to get someone to come out on a Sunday afternoon to fix the ice machine, followed probably by a fast trip to the nearby grocery store to buy as many bags of ice as would fit in the trunk of his car.

KFC launched their Pickle Chicken today.

Anything with pickles is nasty. The end.

I. DON'T. EVEN. KNOW. YOU.

Aww. You guys need to have a drink and make up.

May I suggest a Pickle Juice Slush from Sonic?

Quote Originally Posted by that link
    Love the pickle flavor? Sonic will let customers add a squirt of the pickle syrup to any menu item, Food and Wine reports.

Go ahead, order a pickle sundae with a side of pickled tots.

No thanks on the PJ slushie. Drinking the juice from the jar is one thing. Slushies are meant to be sweet.