Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supra Dupra's money pit!

Not as comfy as it once was. But, yeah...quite comfy.

I let my instructor drive it the first time I went to Buttonwillow. He adjusted the seat and mirrors to his preference. Then, he did a few laps. As we're coming back in to switch, he is apologizing for how he messed up my seat and mirrors. "Just take your time. Get everything back the way you want it. We'll head back out when you're ready.". So, I got in held down MEM1 for a few seconds and looked at him smiling as my seat and mirrors adjusted. As funny as I thought it was, he was about in tears he was LOLing so hard. Later, we went out in his track-only neon. I then knew what was so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    I still think that the C5 platform is when the A6's styling peaked.

The only other thing I have to add is that I feel like I've spotted a unicorn when I see a C5 A6 with two functioning rear fog lamps.
    I wouldn't know if mine work. Here in SoCal, I don't think that I've ever turned it/them on.

I think that's true. My Alfa only had one rear fog light, so did the Volvo. I've never actually looked at the Jag's... now I'm wondering... probably has both, as Land Rovers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Two lamps is actually a modification, I think. Only the driver's side light is supposed to light up in the US (and only the pass side in Yerp, which is why there are two).
    Ah, interesting. I had figured it was more VW turn of the century electrical issues, like 1.8T coil packs being consumable items, or ABS sensors failing on a regular basis.

In most places in Europe you are limited to one rear fog light to prevent confusion with brake lights. The US and I think GB don't have such laws - we are all free to be very confused. Plus - at least here - nobody seems to understand what the switches on their dash are for, much less the actual lights.

Up here, it seems compulsive for people who have them to drive with them on ALL. THE. TIME.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Well, misery loves company. Glad I'm not alone.