Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Those games you forgot you loved

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Did you play it in DOS Box? It's a program specially designed to run DOS games in a modern OS.
    Checked my computer and it was definitely DOSBox. Not sure why I was having trouble with the sound. Maybe the game file was bad. I’ll try again in the future.

Star Control. Featuring the Alliance of Free Stars versus the Ur-Quan Hierarchy. I used to have an old IBM PS/1 and this game came with it, and I used to play it regularly. Didn't really play the full game cause it was hard to understand, nor did I really know the storyline. Used to mostly play melee mode. I left that old computer behind at my parents house and a few years ago they threw it out, which broke my heart. Recently I learned that the game was ported to the Sega Genesis. I actually found the game on my Rasperry Pi emulator (Sumosys) in the Genesis section and tried playing the other day. The Genesis version is almost the same as the PC version, except the sound is noticeably off. That part sucks. Maybe I'll look for a DOS version of the game and try playing on my computer.

Also while on the topic of games we forgot we loved, Duke Nukem 1 and 2 for PC.

There's a full Star Control reboot out btw.

Administrator
    Yep, called the Ur-Quan Masters.

My brother-in-law does a great Spathi voice.

Interesting. Maybe I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    What about games that were forgotten by the industry when it came time to make sequels but loved by me?

Freedom Fighters and Test Drive Le Mans, I will never forget you.
    Freedom Fighters was finally released digitally back in September, so you PC gamers can experience an old flame of mine!
    Get that weak shit off my track