Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition

I played through as an assassin. I like their sneak attack moves... They just made boss battles tough since there's no way to hide during cut-scenes.

But, as soon as you go into the shadows your teammates hold their position until you attack. So, you can take out single enemies pretty easily with a 2x critical back-stab. And then your team-mates will attack the rest. Once I leveled up and got the hang of it, I was pretty effective. You unlock a skill that lets you immediately go back into the shadows when you kill someone. Very handy when you can one-hit kill people and go right into hiding.

I originally started as a mustachioed mage, but you find quite a few of them early and it seemed out of balance. Plus, the facial hair graphics leave a lot to be desired.

Have you played any of the multiplayer? It can be fun with friends that choose a particular role and actually work together. (Especially when Carlo is constantly saving your life ) Playing with randoms that just run to the finish (and leave you to die) makes it frustrating though.

No, I have not tried multiplayer yet. Sounds like I should not... unless we tag-team.

In the first half of the game, I felt like every fight potentially could be lethal. I was getting lambasted when I got into areas I should not be in yet. Now, after much careful crafting of arms and armour, both my character and Cassandra are pretty much invulnerable from the front. I fought two dragons in the last couple of days and both of them could barely touch me. They were LONG fights though. Iron Bull and Blackwall are cutting dudes down in a couple of swings. Sera and Cole can one-stab-kill fools. If I have all three mages in my party, enemies die from the onslaught of magic before I can even reach them. Poor Verric. I feel he's the least useful character. I've upgraded Bianca as much as I can right now, but it's not even close to the damage the other two rogues are dealing.

I also used Cassandra to single handedly tank some dragons in extended fights reminiscent of multiple episode Dragon Ball Z fights.

Say what you like about Sera being weird and all, but built as an assasin, she's a stone-cold murderer.

That was my main character. Same skills. Don't forget to train in a specialty. Basically every team member is one of the nine specialties. You can look at their skills before deciding which one to follow.

Finished it. Overall, I found it to be very satisfying. I completed nearly every quest available and topped out at just about 100 hours. I ignored several "collect this stuff" quests. That's a lot of playing. I'm kind of disappointed that it's over... so I started again with a Quinari Mage. It's funny to talk to Verric and he's only as tall as your crotch.

Noticed several bugs along the way. The worst of which was a quest to go to an elven ruin and collect sword parts. The final bad guy that held the final part got glitched in my game and I could not complete the quest, despite several re-visits to the site. More than likely would have been obsolete anyway. I crafted some pretty stompy weapons and armour by the end--waaay better than anything I found.

Oof, the North American female lead voice is terrible. :cringe:

My first playthrough, with a human male, I focused on one romance with Josephine. My second playthrough, with a female Quinari, I played the field, attempting romance with everyone possible.

Sara: Good to go straight away. Strung her along for a while before dumping her. She got mad at me, of course.
    Blackwall: Told me right away that he felt the same way toward me, but refused my advances because there were more important things to take care of right now.
    Cullen: Same as Blackwall.
    Cassandra: Seemed interested at first. Later told me that she could not proceed because I was female.
    Dorian: Was totally interested until he came out. Insisted that we continue to flirt, however.
    Vivian: Flat-out refused my advances. She's in love with herself anyway.
    Josephine: I sort-of avoided her because of my first play-through.
    Varric, Solas, Cole, Morrigan, Liliana: Couldn't get a romance thread with them, despite watching for it.
    Iron Bull: Entertaining romance thread. Finished the game with a steady relationship.