0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

2014 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX

From Alonso's Twitter:

Anything can happen in Singapore, right?
    acket.

Bah, for Canadian viewers TSN used to have four nice week-long schedule grids for TSN/TSN2 AM+PM. But my bookmarks suddently stopped working a week or so ago. But now I seem to find exactly what I want for Formula One (for Canadian viewers) http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/formul...ture/?id=11744 (But that won't have for TSN the effect of causing me to notice other interesting things in other time slots). Not sure what it does about time zones.

ok, the hair styles being swapped it totally messing with me.

On that note, I think this is where Williams nets a win.

Do you think this race will go to the time limit? Singapore's always close. But in 2014 there's 3 aggravating factors:

-Reduced aero, there really isn't much in terms of straights or sweeping turns to let the engines shine. So It should be close to Monaco's average speed, albeit not with a reduced race distance like in the principality.
    -Radio ban at a street circuit seems like the perfect answer to the no question no one wanted an answer for.
    -Storms in the region, that will not affect the race sessions, but they will wash away any rubber throughout the weekend and the increased humidity should take a toll on the drivers. Perhaps guys like Hulk and Button who are already starving to be competitive will suffer most. It's been tough already but I think it's gonna be downright dangerous if they get dehydrated.
    acket.

We haven't talked about this radio ban much. I think it's completely stupid. The FIA (Bernie, in this case, actually) say that people think it's too much like the engineers on the pitwall/in the garage driving remote control cars.

THEN DON'T MAKE THE FORMULA SO DAMN COMPLICATED TO USE!

Sadly, I can see this having a real effect on a race, where someone either isn't able to drive one of these machines correctly and loses time/DNF's or he gets help and penalty.

wait....what's this ban about?

Here's the latest ban-unban pit-to-car messages (yes, they include pitboards).

Formula One drivers will continue to receive information about how to adjust their car’s settings, which had formed a significant part of the FIA’s intended clamp down on radio communications.

However the FIA still intends to enforce a restriction on driving advice being given over the radio this weekend. The sport’s governing body has given further details about which messages will be outlawed as of today’s first practice session in Singapore.

The FIA has postponed a ban on messages relating to the adjustment of power unit settings, the car’s state of charge, clutch maps, brake-by-wire settings, differential settings, start modes, fuel saving and other technical parameters will remain legal. Such messages were frequently used by teams in previous races.

The forbidden messages include those relating to:

Driving lines on the circuit
    Contact with kerbs
    Car set up parameters for specific corners
    Comparative or absolute sector time detail of another driver
    Speeds in corners compared to another driver
    Gear selection compared with another driver
    Gear selection in general
    Braking points
    Rate of braking compared to another driver
    Rate of braking or application of brakes in general
    Car stability under braking
    Throttle application compared to another driver
    Throttle application in general
    Use of DRS compared with another driver
    Use of any overtake button
    Driving technique in general

The FIA now intends to introduce a ban on messages relating relating to car performance from next season.
    acket.

Ham
    Ros (+0.007)
    Ric
    Vet
    acket.

I think Vettel could have problems with this radio ban. He is typically told to slow down to preserve tires. We could see him overdrive the car without knowing it. Same could go for Hamilton.

Hamilton did superbly in GP2 when no one was telling him what to do, even better I think.
    Vettel on the other hand...

They are thinking to ban also pit wall message boards... ok, that's a whole new type of STUPID.