Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 LastLast

Thread: Run for cover! (The Ford Mustang Thread)

I understand that the lighting is different AND the exterior design is polarizing AND I'm biased because Bananastang...

...but I'm actually digging the brighter color over black.

I didn't actually think I'd want to see the design details that much but the more I see of it, the less the front end bugs me. #acceptance

That's not really banana, though. It's more of a Pumpkin Spice Mustang.

Mmm Pumpkin Spice Mustang...

EDIT: Also this has been published for a few days now but Hot Rod has tested a bone stahk 2018 Ford Mustang GT automatic and it runs 11s in the quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod.com
    The GT pulled hard, pouring on the power, spinning to redline, shifting and repeating again and again. Nearing the stripe, the Mustang clicked into sixth, the revs climbed and we crossed the finish line in 11.835 seconds at a tick under 120 mph (119.51 to be exact).

We’d done it, another best pass, and while elated, we wanted more. We started thinking, what could we do with drag radials, someone get us a cold air kit and a tune, what if we had a 3.73 gear? Well, those things will have to wait until another day, but the fact remained, the 2018 Mustang GT is a legit 11-second pony right from the showroom.
    Merciful fates, I know Evan Smith is a mythic drag racer but control your commas man!

Heh, I remember when this vid dropped showing an automatic Camaro SS clicking off a 12.21 @ 115 MPH and thinking that bar was gonna stand for an entire generation of pony cars -- NOOOOOOOPE!
    Last edited by novicius; January 5th, 2018 at 07:49 AM.

Also the MSRP on a "stripper" 2018 Mustang GT w/. the 10-speed SelectShift trans & 3.55 LSD option sits right at $38K USD.

Quote Originally Posted by USAToday.com
    The estimated average transaction price of a new car or truck sold in the U.S. in April 2017 was $33,560 — 2.6% higher than in the month a year ago, according to data from auto researcher Kelley Blue Book.
    So $4500 USD more than average... $15K USD down on a 72-month term would net one $370/mo. payment.

If one either had solid equity in their previous $30K daily driver or just cash on hand, it's not too far out of the norm for a new car monthly. #rationalizing

EDIT: Looks good in Lightning Blue.

Last edited by novicius; January 5th, 2018 at 08:10 AM.

My brother in law's 2014 F-150 is about to be paid off, so he decided to get another fun car, especially now that he's somewhere where one can be enjoyed year round (Irvine, CA).

I'm guessing he was at the local dealer for service, but he ended up buying a lightly used 2016 GT350 in white with blue stripes. That's kind of how he got his first Mustang, a 2002 dark blue GT. Brought his Focus ZX3 in for service, got convinced by the 0% financing at the time.

Not sure if I'll make it out there to see it this year, but I'll have to give it a whirl if I do. It's only got about 200 more horsepower than my Mazdaspeed3

Dibs if he ever plans on selling it...

Predator 5.2L supercharged V8-powered GT500 leaked.

GT350 & the Voodoo 5.2L are ending.

Lotta Mustang news coming out of NAIAS:

The 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt Is a Ripping 475-HP Tribute to the Original

Quote Originally Posted by RoadandTrack.com
    Mechanical changes make the Bullitt the meanest Mustang shy of a GT350. The 5.0-liter V8 gets a larger throttle body and special intake for at least a 15-hp bump over the 460-hp GT.

“We know we're over 475 hp and are still going through the final tuning to try to push that,” says chief engineer Carl Widdman.

A six-speed manual is the only transmission. Ford’s 10-speed automatic may have facilitated quicker acceleration, but Steve wouldn’t have cared, and neither should you. Active exhaust is standard. Widdman promises this Bullitt—the first since 2008, before Ford introduced the Coyote 5.0-liter V-8—will have a distinct growl. Top speed has been raised from 155 to 163 mph.

The Bullitt essentially carries over suspension and brake upgrades from the GT’s Performance Pack—Brembo brakes with larger rotors, Michelin PS4 summer tires. Magnetorheological dampers will be optional.

The Bullitt will not be offered with the track-oriented Performance Pack 2 (Michelin Sport Cup tires, stiffer suspension aero modifications). “Different kind of car,” Widdman says.
    Love the recipe so far.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    GT500 spotted?

There have been a lot of Easter eggs in the digital dashboard pics for the 2018 Mustang. Some folks think that they're indicating that the Mustang GT will come with 455 HP and that the GT500 will come with 755 HP. For this car to trip the lights at 10.98 @ 126 MPH, that's 700-horse territory. The factory-driven Hellcat time is 11.2 @ 126 MPH (10.8 on drag radials).
    So a year later, Ford officially announces the Shelby GT500 with a "700+ HP" declaration.

...using FM7.