Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Run for cover! (The Ford Mustang Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Funny that it has the weight redux and no back seats but still has the child seat anchors. I wonder if that's a regulatory compliance thing.
    It's probably just easier/more straightforward from a design or manufacturing standpoint to just leave them in, even with no rear seats.

Can of worms incoming...

How much of a drop can I expect from simply swapping to more aggressive springs and whatever strut will need to be swapped in? I don't think I'm interested in coil overs for my Mustang anymore.

It's an itch, ain't it?

My advice is: don't touch your car. If it's set up and rides/handles nice, leave it alone and be happy.

So that said, the only coil-overs you can get are for the front which would be really helpful for lowering the front. I am running the lowest springs right now with the N/V/H isolating bushings ("isos"). It's still got gap.

I need to run with no isos if I want maximum low on spec'd uncut springs -- or coil-overs front and no isos rear. #shrug
    Last edited by novicius; August 15th, 2017 at 10:48 AM.

Should've pointed out that aesthetics aside, I'm also seeking a stiffer ride. It still has a very cushy feel.

My plan is to do some modest improvements early next spring and then put slicks on it and flog it through the summer. I ran three consecutive laps within .2 of a second last week. I think the car and I are at a little bit of a crossroad, thinking a stiffer ride might help me directly find more grip and help me know a little better what the car is doing

My H&R Supersport springs require a *very* tough damper to master. I won't be able to report back until the end of this year (at the earliest) on how my revalved Bilstein HD's perform.

As always, I look forward to seeing what you find out.

Fuck it.

I'll just toss a blower on there and see where it takes me.

All the way to the end of the straight is my guess, but with a Mustang you can never be sure.

10" wheels and 285s.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    10" wheels and 285s.
    I'll echo.

since this has become a catchall Mustang thread:

The damned Pick & Pull gets nearly $150 for a transmission these days - that's $100 + $30 core + tax - which is, like so many other aspects about their business, crazy. Back in my day, a transmission was $50 and if you were smart $25 on half off day. I'm going to seriously look at just buying a whole car -

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6241473730.html
    https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6257246559.html

etc.

Are there any valuable parts on a '94-'04 V6 Mustang that would offset $1000?

Off the top of my head? ABS components.