Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro

TBH, if they hadn't stuck Yenko on it I'd be a-ok with it - the scoop is a bit much, but whatever... totally agree that it's cool like DR2K cars were cool.

But to then (pointlessly?) license Yenko's name and implement his signature stripe wrong is inexcusable!

Like, check out this barn find Callaway DeLorean.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/08/11/...-regain-sales/

"I think we've got opportunities at the very low end of the Camaro range and some remix of some of the V8 options on it so we don't force people to buy all the options with a V8, just to get a V8."
    The words of the Chevy product chief. I'll believe it when I see it, but they have good reason to do it.

Based on a sales chart from GM Authority, Camaro sales have been dropping since right about the time the sixth-generation model was introduced. In 2015, the last year that fifth-generation cars would have been on lots, sales for the year were just over 77,500. That dropped in 2016, the first full year of sixth-generation models, to just under 73,000. And for 2017, Camaro sales are down about 1,000 cars through July compared with 2016. Those signs say Chevy needs to do something soon.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I have more respect for the modern Camaro now than I ever have and it's flailing. Go figure.

Just now saw that Callaway. I've met that guy. I didn't call him a tool, but I was thinking it.

How long before Chevy dumps the V6 too?

Personally I think Lutz may have been right - the thing holding the Camaro back isn't the mechanicals, it's the looks. We all thought Bumblebee looked great, but that was ten years ago. Ford has had three very distinctively different Mustangs in that same time period. The choptop box look wasn't *great* to start with, and now it is seriously played out.

I spent many hours in chat explaining to Carlo how ugly the last 15 years of Camaro has been.

Oh, and the square headlight ones in the late 70s. Those too.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Personally I think Lutz may have been right - the thing holding the Camaro back isn't the mechanicals, it's the looks. We all thought Bumblebee looked great, but that was ten years ago. Ford has had three very distinctively different Mustangs in that same time period. The choptop box look wasn't *great* to start with, and now it is seriously played out.
    Yep, the 6th gen Camaro may have more performance cred than the 6th gen Mustang, but it loses on looks, price, and daily practicality. The 5th gen Camaro's looks were stunning enough then to get people to put up with the practicality issues. The 6th gen doesn't look different from a 5th gen to a non-enthusiast until you point out that it's the new one. Meanwhile, the Mustang has done an excellent job of looking modern and fresh while still looking like a Mustang. In this era of base model Mustangs making 300hp, a little bit of extra performance isn't enough to get most people to overlook the Camaro's higher price, still crap visibility, and smaller trunk (9.1 cu ft vs 13.5 cu ft!).