Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro

Yeah, I don't see why they need to camouflage it when it looks pretty much the same as before...

Quote Originally Posted by Fast As Possible View Post
    The current ones look like a gigantic acura rsx from the rear, this looks like it's going to be an evolution of that. If they don't care about visibility, I suggest a retro 2nd gen for the one after this.
    I think that would be a hugely intelligent move. 2nd gen cars are really attracting a lot of collector attention right now, and GM could not only capitalize on that, but drive it. Win-win. Plus, round headlights would really make it distinctive in the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Yeah, I don't see why they need to camouflage it when it looks pretty much the same as before...
    Even if nothing major has changed, you get multiple buzz cycles when it's camo'd ("OUR BEST LOOK YET" over and over again) followed by the final reveal.

Or it may have preproduction panels/equipment that they don't want to bother getting questions on, even if it's just "what was that? why is it gone?"
    Get that weak shit off my track

A new third-party render, the C-pillar/three-quarter window looks barely better, if at all, for visibility

They need to steal Nissan's birds-eye view or something.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Why are we giving a thumbs down to some shitty third party render that barely looks different than the current car? It's just some asshat with 3D rendering software.

Because I can? And it seems pretty close to the shape from the camouflaged shots. And because I'm impatient for the final reveal.

Agreed. I am going to it too. I don't like the current Camaro, and a smaller current Camaro is booooooooooooooooring.

Isn't this what it's supposed to look like?

2016 Camaro Drops More Than 200 Pounds!

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod.com
    Chevrolet didn’t give any specific numbers for the various trim levels, instead stating that it has reduced the curb weight of the 2016 Camaro, “by more than 200 pounds.” Here are some of the curb weights recorded by us and by sister publication Motor Trend to put ponycar curb weight into perspective.

2013 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack: 3,618 pounds

2015 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack: 3,814 pounds

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28: 3,858 pounds

2014 Ford Mustang GT500: 3,876 pounds

2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE: 3,888 pounds

2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1: 4,105 pounds

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Scat Pack: 4,235 pounds

2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat: 4,449 pounds

Because these cars all vary in option packages, it’s not a perfect comparison, but it seems as though the 2015 Mustang packed on nearly 200 pounds when it moved to the S550 chassis, coming within 100 pounds of the fifth-gen Camaro. Taking 200 pounds off the Camaro SS 1LE would result in a curb weight of less than 3,700 pounds. A 3,700-pound Camaro with 455 hp from an LT1 would have a better power/weight ratio than a 6.4L (392ci) Challenger. If Chevrolet saw fit to build an LT4-powered Camaro and rate it at the same 640 hp found in the Cadillac CTS-V, which shares the 2016 Camaro’s Alpha platform, the Camaro could weigh as much as 4,025 pounds and still have a better power-to-weight ratio than the Hellcat. To keep a power/weight ratio better than the 5.8L GT500, it would need a curb weight of less than 3,750 pounds. Let the bench racing begin.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    a smaller current Camaro is booooooooooooooooring.
    I will say that a slightly smaller Camaro might make an 18" rim size more attractive again.

Needing to have a 20" rim for visual balance under some of these oversculpted wheel well sizes (I'm looking at you, S197 Mustangs) is annoying.

I don't trust any of those weights. That 3814 number IIRC is Motor Trend's "we weighed it with a full tank of gas" - it's neither the curb weight nor the Vorshlag "we put it on a scale" weight. Ford said, and the listed curb weights agreed, the S550 gained between 28 and 87lbs depending on model, not no 200lbs. I dunno, it doesn't matter at this point anyway because a claim like "-200lbs" could be on the base model where the 2.0t weighs 200lbs less than the V6 or whatever. It only counts if it's 200lbs across the line, or on the models where people actually care about P:W.

That yellow thing is terrible. What did they do, let the 2004 GTO team have another go at a muscle car? "See, what we did was take all ornamentation off and maximize the bland factor. Notice the generic black plastic that wraps around the bottom of the car, and the totally featureless panels. By increasing the blandness of the vehicle, we hope to cause even the wind to ignore it, thus increasing performance and fuel economy." It looks like it's out of a racing game and they ran out of polygons.