Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I don't trust any of those weights.
    Ok.

I didn't realize that Hot Rod and Motor Trend were the same company, but I guess that explains why one is using the other's fanciful numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Isn't this what it's supposed to look like?

The silhouette they've shown has a more pronounced beak, instead of that smoothed over nose.

Get that weak shit off my track

Ah, that is much improved over the "Corvette on top of a Camaro" look.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    That yellow thing is terrible. What did they do, let the 2004 GTO team have another go at a muscle car? "See, what we did was take all ornamentation off and maximize the bland factor. Notice the generic black plastic that wraps around the bottom of the car, and the totally featureless panels. By increasing the blandness of the vehicle, we hope to cause even the wind to ignore it, thus increasing performance and fuel economy." It looks like it's out of a racing game and they ran out of polygons.
    I think that's the one from Transformers 4

Yeah that's Bumblebee from T4, not an actual render.

Thank God, because it's awful.

There's a T4?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Thank God, because it's awful.

There's a T4?
    Yep, it came out last yeark, with Marky Mark

Let the wild rumormongering begin!!

Exclusive! We Have Performance Numbers on the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro ZL2

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod.com
    Guess all the development of cheap carbon fiber fabrication for the Stingray is going to be shared with its little brother. There’s only so much weight we can expect the 6th gen to drop though, it still has to pass all the safety and crash testing. Our source wouldn’t give us an exact number, but they said to expect something in the 3,400-range.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod.com
    Tired of pushing small displacements to their limits, Chevrolet decided to go with a more square bore/stroke combination and ended up with a familiar number, a big-block displacement of 396 ci. The extra inches allow for fast turbo spool-up—oh yeah, did we mention turbos? Now we have. It makes sense, with a turbo-four as a foregone conclusion for the base models, why wouldn’t they use the same tech in the top tier? With the snails and the space, the new LT6 small-block provides more torque than even the Z06 Corvette’s 650 lb-ft LT4 yet still allows for high-revving fun, as titanium rods, valves, and keepers reduce both reciprocating and valve train weight. We have heard that the LT6 uses twin Garrett GT3776 55mm inducer turbos, each good for up to 500 hp. The number we were quoted from an anonymous Pontiac, Michigan, dyno operator, was 808 hp at about 8 pounds of boost. We’ve also heard from a supplier that the high-pressure direct-injection fuel pump from the LT4 will be carried over, and additional fueling at WOT comes from an extra set of injectors mounted way upstream to help cool the intake charge. Cylinder heads are the same casting as the LT4, but are CNC ported, a practice gleaned from Chevrolet Performance’s LS3 cylinder head package for the 5th-gen Camaro.

It appears that this uber-Camaro will offer an automatic transmission as Chevrolet brought in extra help from Allison Performance Research & Integration Logistics, a division that works closely with the Formula Optimization & Outright Lap Sector teams to test cars on the track and improve lap times. Initial testing at the Nurburgring is rumored to have shown a best time of 7:32.185. Stick shift fans will have options as well, with the Corvette’s seven-speed Tremec TR-6070 a definite, although we’ve even heard rumors of an eight-speed manual. Who cares, those extra gears are just for fuel mileage anyway. We’d take this thing with a three-on-the-tree it sounds so good! Oh, speaking of sound, the Camaro rights a wrong in the Corvette in that it automatically defaults to the loudest most raucous exhaust setting on start-up. If you want to make your neighbors happy, you’ll have to make a custom sissy setting that keeps the flapper valve closed.

What do you think? Will the Camaro knock the Hellcat from the horsepower throne, and make the Mustang 350R look like a fat Shetland pony? We can’t wait to find out.

Twin-Turbo LT6 Gen V small-block
    Bore: 4.060
    Stroke: 3.825
    Displacement: 396 ci
    Transmission: Eight-speed auto and Seven-speed manual
    Rear Gears: 4.10:1
    Tire Size: 305/30ZR19 front, 335/30ZR19 rear
    Wheels: Carbon fiber 19x11 front 19x12.5 rear
    Brakes: 16-inch Boron-Carbide rotors with 6-piston calipers

Hellcat fighter, I'll believe it (and drool all over it) when I see it.
    Get that weak shit off my track