Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Look who's going to Autocross Dubai... because alien aka "Who da man? CudaMan!"

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    Awesome ! and thanks for telling the story too, it's really nice to hear your attitude to these kind of situations, how you approach it.

We were watching the live timing. We were holding our breaths waiting to see if you'd coned or not because we knew the time was solid.

Excellent read, thanks for sharing.

Is your friend the spin-out guy a mutual acquaintance? If you know who I mean he devastated a ton of cones through the week.

Yeah, I never imagined it was that complicated, that's very cool and a great job by you, T, and those that helped and competed against you.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Congratulations and thank you sharing your thoughts about the day!

Thanks Ashie!

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    Awesome ! and thanks for telling the story too, it's really nice to hear your attitude to these kind of situations, how you approach it.
    Thanks. I have, at this point, the luxury of having had a lot of success. I don't feel the need to prove myself to myself so much anymore. It has become easier to accept results that aren't a win by simply focusing on driving to my potential and having fun. I took this more seriously years ago. That said, if I spend a year or two being *too* casual and not winning much, I tend to swing back the other way into being more competitive the next year. When I started autocrossing in 1999 and realized how into it I was, I told myself as soon as it stopped being fun I'd find a new hobby. It has rarely not been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Yeah, I never imagined it was that complicated, that's very cool and a great job by you, T, and those that helped and competed against you.
    It wasn't always so complicated. For example, in 2006 I drove my teal MR2 from CA to KS with race tires (Hoosiers) and tools in the car, changed tires when I got to the site, drove to the hotel on my race tires, had no need to scrape OPR between runs on that surface, and changed tires again for the drive home. And by winning, I earned a free set of tires. The good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Is your friend the spin-out guy a mutual acquaintance? If you know who I mean he devastated a ton of cones through the week.
    I'm not sure who you're talking about. I'm referring to Alex in the 997 GT3 in SS. [Side note, a few years ago when his Dad bought this car, his dream car, I was the first to get to drive it at an autox before either of them. I felt so honored. And obviously, what a machine.]
    Last edited by CudaMan; September 10th, 2019 at 07:30 AM.

Jon K took down 15 cones throughout the week.

Impressive. There were a lot of cones hit on the East course, from what I saw and heard. Some classes have a penchant for cones more than others!

Well done Brian!

Administrator
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Thanks!
    Whoomah!