Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Look who's going to Autocross Dubai... because alien aka "Who da man? CudaMan!"

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Anybody know anything about the 2015 FIA Gran Turismo World Championship?
    Does it mean It's gonna -finally- require a proper sponsorship program for an American driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Collantine of F1Fanatic.co.uk
    The FIA has endorsed the creation of an official Online Championship with Gran Turismo series creators Polyphony Digital.

The championship, which will be launched next year will “offer the large number of Gran Turismo players and motor sport fans the opportunity to engage with real motor sport”, according to the FIA.

The governing body of world motorsport has been given its certification for four of the circuits which feature in Gran Turismo 6, which was launched last year. The FIA conducted inspections of the tracks by examining the circuit models used by the game creators and comparing them to their own.

Other tracks which feature in FIA will also be inspected with a view to gaining FIA certification.

Polyphony Digital president and GranTurismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi said the recognation was “the biggest accolade the game has received in its history”.

“Our partnership with the FIA is a further step forward in our continued quest to bring the worlds of virtual and reality racing into a full circle,” he added.

FIA president Jean Todt said the governing body’s co-operation with the game designers will “ensure that millions of Gran Turismo and motor sport fans can race on even more detailed tracks at home”.

“The Gran Turismo series has played an important role in helping to attract a new fan base to motor sport. With the input of FIA in the development of the upcoming FIA Online Championship, Gran Turismo 6 will now offer an experience even closer to the real world of motor sport.

“We are also excited to be working closely with Polyphony Digital and Sony Computer Entertainment in the future to find new ways to continue to make motor sport more accessible to millions of fans that share a passion for racing.”
    Last edited by FaultyMario; June 24th, 2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: It's 2 words, not one as it should be.
    acket.

So there's going to be an FIA sanctioned online tournament? Why?
    Get that weak shit off my track

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I don't think it's a tournament, just a championship as they say. NASCAR backs an official iRacing championship as well.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Oh, so it's a sponsorship deal, not a regulated thing. That makes sense.
    Get that weak shit off my track

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Well kind of regulated, since it is a championship they would technically be the regulating body. I don't know how much NASCAR actually dictates the rules in the iRacing series.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Flipping through someones pics and this popped up...

https://imgur.com/a/cNRNU#0

Should put a hippo sticker on there..

ABS failure and LSD trouble in the wet race. Was frustrated at complete lack of speed then. Second race was better but starting back in 6th couldn't stay in touch with the leaders and was defending from 4th place for the fist half of it.

Just a little backstory. Coverage didn't seem super awesome.

For the local non-Facebookers:

Heading back to Cali for the NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill! I'm massively looking forward to running in this event again. Great memories from snagging an E2 podium in a LeMons Sentra SE-R two years ago with Krider Racing. Now Skullcandy Team Nissan has a new E0 370Z with my name on it. Thanks to Nissan North America for all their support. Let's make some headlines!

I'm planning to be there for the start on Saturday--gotta bail early for a holiday dinner, though. Might make it back for the Sunday finish.
    Whoomah!

Live timing and scoring: http://live.racerconnect.com/index.p...ng-and-scoring

Bryan's car (#33 CA Sport/Skullcandy Team Nissan) is currently running 12th overall, 2nd in class. The BMW team that Kurt Busch is driving with is in 16th.

Bryan's done one double stint, goes back in the car midnight-ish.
    Whoomah!