Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Look who's going to Autocross Dubai... because alien aka "Who da man? CudaMan!"

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    And hes in the most frustrating car to listen to. It has a screach like the old Mazda RX-8s!
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

And a great bloke to talk to. Sorry for talking your ear off Bryan!

DVR set.
    Whoomah!

Just because:

Whoomah!

Spoiler:
    Looks like the #33 car didn't do so well. Anyone watch the race? What happened?

I was wondering that myself, he was in the Top 10 in the first half, then there was a big caution for a wreck and he fell back, I imagine due to pit stops and driver changes? After that the car was a lap down. Ran fine the whole rest of the event, but his teammate never made that lap back.

Race on FS2 right now. Check out fox sports go website if you don't have FS2 available where you are, you might still be able to watch if you have AT&T, Comcast (XFinity), and a few others.

I had fun in my stint even though I was massively saving the brakes for the end of the race. The Caymans are ridiculously strong on the straights, and so was one of the Civics. I got a huge run on a Cayman exiting the bus stop, was fully alongside on the inside of NASCAR 3 with momentum, and he was clear in front of me again by start/finish. Not complaining though - it was a good experience for sure. A little FWD practice, a little Daytona familiarization, some clean hard side by side racing. Straight panels but a few scuffs on the paint. Just the way I like it. I didn't count but I think I entered qualy with about 12 laps under my belt.

Got a good start, snuck inside into T1 to steal 3rd, then went 2nd for a bit seizing an opportunity. Back to 3rd, then 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th before I got a little breathing space behind me where no-one was up in my draft. Pitted from 6th or 7th under green, did a driver swap but fuel wasn't getting in the car somehow. We had to pit again to get fuel in, this time under yellow, and we ended up a lap down. Timing and scoring went down around then, even for IMSA, so they weren't issuing wave-arounds as far as I'm told. Two cars in front of us took one anyway, and ended up finishing very well. We were stuck a lap down the rest of the race and ended up 27th.

The #34 got caught up in a wreck early and went a few laps down while being repaired.

Disappointing results for sure! My Webber-like luck continues.

That's okay, we still have faith in you... and your helmet looks awesome! Better luck next time.

Thanks for the update, Cuda. Good to see you out there.