Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Thread: Look who's going to Autocross Dubai... because alien aka "Who da man? CudaMan!"

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    look at that guy with the long hair, who does he think he is?

The flying hippie, that's who he is!
    acket.

Love the flow Cuda!

The orientation of the photo is messing up the flow!

What is flow?

[This page of the thread is becoming the "Clueless Cuda" hour ]

Cool running into you Rikadyn! Was so funny having someone walk towards me and say "Cuda?" in real life, that hasn't happened in forever. How was the view between 2 and 3? Bet you saw a lot of action there especially at the starts and with the drifters.

I started from the back in Race 2 because I passed a lapped car under local yellow in race 1. The yellow flag was half furled and not in its tower, it was 50 feet away and not easily in view, but rules be rules. Before race 2 started we were told Race 3 grid order would be set by fastest lap from Race 2, so I hung way back on the first lap to get 2-3 laps of clear track to set a qualifying lap for Race 3 to try to salvage the weekend. Halfway through that first slow lap we got told we had been mis-informed and the next grid would be set by finishing order of Race 2, so I had to try catch the field. Then the red flag happened, and when we went racing again afterward the drivers in front of me didn't pack up before the green so I was literally halfway around the track when the green flag flew. Pretty frustrating! But I had a ton of fun racing up through the field. From like 50th to 32nd that race, then 32nd to 11th in the next race, and 11th to 5th in the final. It was much harder to make passes once I got into the top 15, all those guys are good.

Did you see the yellow pop up tent near you? That thing kept throwing me for a loop, it was the same color as yellow flags. Same deal with a yellow car that the Turn 5 corner worker was using to drive him/herself out there.

Junior Potato
    Those race organisers need a carrot up the bum. And why was that yellow flag waver not in their flag point?

Anyway, looks like your last-to-first challenge was a lot of fun.

Well I know I said I wasn't that great of a view, but yea the Corvette that went backwards up the berm, and the Integra catching fire were both directly in front of me.

20210608_102559.jpg

The last two races I was up in the spectator area past 3, always forget how good the track view is up there. Got a photo of you dropping a tire off ��

You going to be back for Festival?

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    What is flow?
    Your hair! Here is a video that will help to explain.

https://youtu.be/DEWpRjhtHko

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post

Did you see the yellow pop up tent near you? That thing kept throwing me for a loop, it was the same color as yellow flags. Same deal with a yellow car that the Turn 5 corner worker was using to drive him/herself out there.
    I was at an SCCA event where it had rained earlier in the day. One of the flaggers hung their yellow rain jacket, you know the kind, on a hook on the front of the stand. Brilliant.

GLSK (1 of 3)-2.jpg

While we are here, any particular hashtags/tags I should do for your car? I think the whole social media thing is going to be my downfall

Also, I don't get why Gingerman has the old flag posts still up but abandoned.

Different organizations use different flag stations. TTNT had to add a flagger at 10b because we had a competitor go off and disappear into the bushes. Literally nobody saw it and knew he was in distress.

He was fine, and we did become very good friends, but from an accountability standpoint it was not a good look for the program.