Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Junior Potato
    Oh my God. Thank you Blerpa.

I spent 45 minutes searching Google for this answer and nothing came up.

Administrator
    Anybody else have Windows 10 helpfully revert the desktop background to that original "blue god-ray windows logo on a black backdrop" image every couple of days? Minor irritant, but irritant nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Oh my God. Thank you Blerpa.

I spent 45 minutes searching Google for this answer and nothing came up.
    You are welcome!
    I encountered this problem myself one or two years ago... and I solved it by myself by pure chance! LOL

You kids are just now discovering button mashing!?

Finally moved to Windows 10, other than not having a classic view (used to make XP and Win7 look like Win95/98) it's pretty damn good.
    How do I make Cortana go away permanently?

Are you running Pro or Home?

Enterprise (it's a work machine)
    google searches from home PC (din't want to mess around the business machine) make it seem like I'll have to basically regedit

Depends - you might be able to do it with policy, but re-edit would be the fallback. Depends on what is available via your network policy. OTOH that might also prevent you from changing that functionality in the first place.

Minor annoyance: monitor #2 (projector setup, laptop screen off) turns off the display for a few seconds multiple times a day. Seems to happen more often in the afternoon than the morning.
    Screen goes black with the power light still on like when you change resolution, but for 3-4 seconds at a time rather than 1-2 seconds.
    These are the same monitors and cables that were being used pre-Win10 (new laptop, though).
    I tried changing the DisplayPort output (there's three of them on the docking station), same result.

Junior Potato
    That happens for me as well - Win 10 laptop connected via HDMI and an AV amp to a TV - but only if I launch a game or the Foxtel Go app, and then it only does it once and never does it again for the rest of that session.

Probably two different issues, but balki's sounds like the buggy Intel video drivers that released with the 6th gen Core I processors. Updating the driver to the latest should fix that issue.

RWA's issue sounds like Windows just changing resolution, which is normal.