Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Windows 10

It's so that you can't later nag that M$ is hassling.

My stuff have stopped gearing down, or staying there, even the one that needs a button to wake up.
    I've also turning one mouse belly up after clicking hibernate, not solid.

Shouldn't have any network wake ups.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Not exactly a Win10 question... but didn't find a proper thread, so

In Firefox I used to be able to right-click on an image and view it in that same tab, that option is now gone and it works like Chrome, right-click 'open in new tab'.

Is there anyway to get that option back in the context menu?
    acket.

Administrator
    Looks like they did just remove that. There's an extension that claims it re-adds it: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...e-on-same-tab/

Junior Potato

Typical: company removes useful feature leaving the user base to come up with a solution, when all they needed to do was make it an optional change.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Why the fuck does Windows do dumb shit, and you have to go searching multiple websites for answers for simple problems?

Today’s problem:
    Should start a whole thread called Today's Problem where people list their dumb computer problems.

Today's problem:

The Oculus UI for their Rift S VR headset launches by itself for no apparent reason. Headset plugged in, headset not plugged in, it'll go through phases where it just launches on startup then one day it'll stop doing it, then a few weeks later it'll start again, and it launches on top of whatever you're doing or watching. A few weeks ago I searched out a solution where you manually remove it from the list of startup programs. There is a separate background app that runs the Oculus service with little interference, but this somehow launches the Oculus UI, and by turning this off you prevent this from occurring with the trade-off that it'll take a bit longer to get your headset up and running when you eventually do want to use it.

So I did that. A few days later I used the headset... no problem. Took a bit longer but I can live with that.

Today it does not want to work. I clicked the Oculus UI on my taskbar and my whole computer locked up. I am currently going through a cycle of repairing and failing and then completely reinstalling the software.

I just wanted to use it for a few minutes.

Today's problem:

I have had some buffering issues with youtube and other streaming services using the onboard sound. But not if I'm using the HDMI output to the monitor. Since I like to listen to on headphones and the monitor doesn't have an audio connector I brought out the Focusrite audio interface, which I connect via a PCI-e card with a TI chipset (Focusrite recommends using TI chips).

Problem is that half the time the audio card can't keep the sync.

From what I've read it might be an issue with Windows builds beyond 1703 and the driver for the chipset and I just don't know how to fix it.

Someone care to chip in with ideas?
    Last edited by FaultyMario; July 1st, 2022 at 06:36 PM.
    acket.

Oh shit, I wasn't supposed to upgrade beyond windows 1809... I'm at 21H2... How can I go back?

I can't install the 8.1 Legacy driver!
    acket.

Buy a new pc?