Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Junior Potato
    I think people are out there looking for issues to report on. Sort of a confirmation bias news cycle, if you will. If it bleeds it leads, and with Windows 10, if it makes a few computers (out of millions) buggy then it's front-page-of-tech-blog news.

I've seen people on other forums try W10, but then for one of them it made their computer crash once after 40 minutes so they reverted back to 8.1 "because 10 is fucked." I suggested that a fix for their specific problem is but a Google search away, but no. Someone tried to lead me on to an argument that Google is impossible to access without a computer, a response which he probably typed from his smart phone.

I guess creativity in problem solving suddenly disappears when one is faced with a "fucked" OS and a lack of patience.

For others it "steals their data" according to the EULA, which is probably no more sinister than the same functions of previous OSes which are designed for bug reporting. So they get all tin-foil-hatty and complain that they can't hide their private lives from MS. So they stick with 8.1, which they hate, which also tracks their usage, and complain from its safe haven.

I don't know if you're aware, but everything old is better than everything new - especially when it comes to operating systems.

Still very happy with 10, although I did have to revert my main laptop back to 7 as our ancient VPN client is not compatible with 10 and I cannot l live without it. I will scrape together the budget to upgrade the host soon, unless YW somehow manages to knock out all my 3tb drives and I'm forced to buy new ones.

I have 10 on my laptop now, only used it briefly. May have to use it more now, but first glance, it's definitely and improvement over 8.1. Now I have Win7 running on my desktop gaming/media machine, and have it all setup the way I like it. Debating on whether or not to switch. Either way I'll give it time for various drivers and programs to catch up and work out bugs.

RWA: ROFL.
    And yes, goddamn people... they go look for help on Facebook, on whatsapp, on Hangouts chats... but goddamn let them forbid themselves to google up some solution to the problem.

If they complain about Win 10 stealing their data and they do use an iPhone or an Android phone I feel there should be a law to automatically kick these people in the nuts everytime they bring up the matter.
    But we do all know people are demented, as per the explanation TSG gave us: people look at me weird when I say that Win XP is shit, Vista slighty better, Win 7 decent, Win 8.x more put together albeit with a stupid UI (the offence they take at this is incredible!) and Win 10 is the best of the crop so far. I must look like an heretic rambler!

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I don't know if you're aware, but everything old is better than everything new - especially when it comes to operating systems.
    And GOP indeed.

I keep being offered the update every time I start the PC up. I have no interest in upgrading right now so I really with it would bugger off.

There are some hoops you can jump through to cause it to abort the upgrade, but I don't remember what they are. It's easy enough to Google. But, the prompts will not go away by themselves.

Upgrading the Venue has not gone well.
    Whoomah!

Why?

In other news, I think the upgrade corrupted some part of Google Apps Sync and Outlook. But it's OK, reinstalling now to resolve the problem (and my personal account syncing was being a bit funny anyway).

It's stuck in an unrecoverable boot loop. I'm going to have to d/l Win10 onto an external drive and install it from there, I think.
    Whoomah!