Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Lately in my world, Excel doesn't seem to work without an internet connection. Not a huge deal, but noticeable when our internet went down at work and nobody could use Excel until it came back.
    Free Office 365 is online only.

Previous version should also be available but file association points to new version.

New Update rolled through.

Everything is back to being right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Last time I tried CDEx it had become a malware-infested monstrosity that required rolling back to a restore point after I installed it. I've had good luck with WMP lately, though I haven't used it for a few months.
    Yes, there was a reason I stopped using it. I think I changed to FreeEx or something with a similar name. I do use MP3Tag and donated to the developer. That is an awesome program.

I'm surprised more people don't stick to the business cycle of updates. I'm perfectly fine waiting a few months so they can iron out the kinks.

Junior Potato
    I guess it’s because people are keen to get new features and want the latest security patches.

Also, I’ve never heard of this business cycle, and I’m guessing most people haven’t either. How the bloody hell do you switch over to it?

You still get security patches and drivers, just new features are delayed until they feel it's safe to push out to business customers.

I forget what it's called currently, I think they changed the name to "Semi Annual" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post
    Free Office 365 is online only.

Previous version should also be available but file association points to new version.
    The thing is, we're not using the Free Online version. Very strange.

And here's another oddity, just discovered today: I have several subfolders under my Inbox in Outlook. Today I went into a folder for "Joe Smith", which should contain all emails from Joe Smith that I previously dragged there.

Viewing all only shows me emails through October of last year. However, searching for word in that folder showed even older emails from February and April of last year that previously weren't visible while looking at the entire folder with no search terms.

I can live with all these strange things, but I can't help but notice that none of these things used to be a problem and now they are.

Hey Microsoft, if things ain't broke, don't fix 'em!.

It's possible that standard installation have left offline stuff out.

I don't use Outlook so I'm not sure but MS email programs have typically had external indexes.
    Means that file can be there but is not found because it's excluded from the index.
    It's also possible that whole directories are missing.

Junior Potato
    The Windows Store is still trash. Just though't I'd update everyone on that rare tidbit of into.

I'm currently trying to hack my way into my WindowsApps folder because I started a download for Wolfenstein Youngblood and Final Fantasy XV, and then later on shut down my pooter. On restarting it, the games won't continue the download, nor can I delete them through the Game Pass app because they're not in my list. I can re-add them to my list, but they won't start downloading.

So I have these games that supposedly aren't there, hogging over 100GB of space, which I can't delete, and I have to hack my own computer to get rid of them

Leave it on.

Maybe it's just slow.