Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Junior Potato
    It's got a nifty little Task View button next to the search bar. Click it and it opens thumbnails of all of your active programs. I think OSX does the same.

In task view, you can open a second desktop. From there you can drag apps to other desktops, or even open the same app (like a browser) on two desktops and have them run separately.

I haven't had a go with Cortana yet because it's not available in my region, but I'll find a way to fix that.

I've seen a shot of the notifications screen looking all cool and full of stuff. Used it yet?
    Get that weak shit off my track

I've jumped the queue by installing it on my 2600K, my X301, and my SP3.

2600K: Screen resolution messed up, can only do weird 2560x1440 compressed(?) or just 1024x768. Probably a graphics driver issue. Will try and fix it sometime.

X301: Seems to hang every 4-5 hours but otherwise OK.

SP3: Seems OK so far, and it'd better be since I'm taking it on a trip starting tomorrow...

I installed it last night in hopes of using the Xbox streaming... Of course it doesn't see my Xbox. Entered the IP manually too, and nothing.

No strong theories as to why.... Could be because my Xbox isn't set as my home console, since I 'share' games with a friend. Or maybe it's because Windows is pirated, though everything says its activated and all.

Hm...

The rest of the OS seems nice... Basically a redesigned Windows 7. My experiences with Windows 8 were short because of how fucked up it is

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I've seen a shot of the notifications screen looking all cool and full of stuff. Used it yet?
    Nah, but I might one day. It does look slick, though.

A manual NVIDIA driver install didn't work, but I fixed the 2600K problem by opening Device Manager and asking it to find the best driver for the device.

Ok, now this is weird. It's like a month the W10 reservation icon sits in my notification area (the one by the clock), now I get back home, I update my Nvidia Geforce drivers, then check for Windows Updates, and it finds an optional one: I do install that one. Reboot and... the W10 reservation icon is gone. I rebooted the system again: no joy. WTF??? I've no idea what happened.

I even got some 58GB free on C: to be sure to have plenty to update the system.
    It's an Acer desktop with legit Win 8.1. Damn, I was looking forward to updating it soon.

It gets rolled out in waves, not everyone at once. There isn't enough bandwidth to support that.

The icon is gone because you can no longer reserve it.

Yep, I *already* reserved.
    But it went anyway.
    I know about all the staggered rollouts and so on, but I believed the icon would stay there till it would pop up something like "Ok, your Win 10 copy is ready. Do you want to download it now?".

I'm using the Download Tool from the Microsoft site to download the OS. Let's hope all goes well.

It downloads in the background and applies like an update... you don't need the icon anymore.