Thread: Win 8 quite connecting

Win 8 quite connecting

So my laptop quit connecting to WiFi here. It will see the networks after reboot but try to connect and it says it can't. Half the time they will then disappear from network list.

Also odd is my phone connects fine, but my tablet can not see them at all

There was bug in the early release of Win8 that caused this - are you sure you're current on updates?

I was when I started. I've done a system reset in the meantime thinking it fucked up something and trying to fix it

It could be a defective wifi card or driver. If Win8 is up to date, I'd personally look at the hardware.

Ugh. Driver can't do anything about without net and card would mean I need a new laptop

okay tethered to phone to update network driver. What I don't get is that it sees all the other networks in the area, but not the one for the apartment.

And my tablet running Jellybean doesn't see it either, only my phone does.

Alright decided to test the network card by taking it with me to school and seeing if i could connect to the network there and it worked fine at school so using it currently to update windows back to Win 8.1

Well I got it to connect again, No fucking clue why it did, but yea. Impressed my Landlord with my networking knowledge though o.O