Page 99 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Going a bit different...before there was the Steven Spielberg/John Williams collaborations, there was the Alfred Hitchcock/Bernard Hermann collaborations and they are brilliant

Speaking of Way Out West (spotted in the title of speedpimp's link above), that's also the name of Marty Stuart's new album.

The story on NPR and the entire album is here: http://www.npr.org/2017/03/02/517790...s-way-out-west

A favorite song re-discovered recently while listening to Black Crowes albums is below, just perfect for shakin' that money-maker.

I remember when he and Travis Tritt did the "No More Hats Tour" in the 90s.

Administrator
    Just went to see Coheed & Cambria do their IV album from start to finish at the Palladium in Hollywood. It's something else to be in a crowd of people who love an album as much as you do and enjoy that. One of the best shows I've been to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Just went to see Coheed & Cambria do their IV album from start to finish at the Palladium in Hollywood. It's something else to be in a crowd of people who love an album as much as you do and enjoy that. One of the best shows I've been to.
    They're doing that here (well on the other side of the state) in a couple weeks, and I want to go so bad, but it's sold out and I have to work.

I've been listening to the Afterman albums a lot lately. I didn't really like Year of the Black Rainbow much, and haven't really listened to Color Before the Sun much yet. I'm glad they brought Josh back on drums after Black Rainbow. I did not like Chris Penne's drums.

I hope one day they do like a 2-3 night thing where they just do all of the Amory Wars albums again.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; April 16th, 2017 at 09:32 AM.

Administrator
    Agreed on Josh. Color Before the Sun grew on me a lot, but I still don't like it as much as the others, and while I'd probably put Year of the Black Rainbow near the back of the pack on their albums, I still really enjoy it.

The show was great, and after playing through the album they did Island (off Color Before the Sun), Delirium Trigger, and finished with In Keeping Secrets. And yeah, I'd love to be able to go to a multinight Neverender thing.

Leon Bridges is one of the best new singers Ive heard in years.