Page 117 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1435

Thread: What are you listening to?

At least the banjo player is wearing a shirt in this one...

Administrator
    There are a bunch of songs I picked up for Rocksmith (guitar learning tool/game for those uninitiated) that I've been going through just to work on skills I don't have. One of them is "Scars" by Papa Roach. I think it might be the dumbest song ever written.

Listening to some Seether recently. Didn't know much about them over the years. Just knew the one really great song "Broken" with Amy Lee, from around 15 years ago. Been checking out some of their other music as well and they're quite amazing. "Fine Again" seems to be one of their top songs, and some people have even claimed it's helped them out of depression.

I think a huge part of the population took that song/video as instructional lol.

I was just thinking how I used to read guitar magazines and Rolling Stone and think "I'll have to check out that band the next time I'm at a record/tape/CD store."

We have been living in a golden era of music discovery for a quite a few years now. I didn't know the band Seether at all but I just listened to a bunch of their work on YouTube. I like it. It sounds like what I'd call "later grunge", just before it evolved into "modern rock" with singers who were starting to lean toward that "Cookie Monster" singing style the death metal dudes do.

While I didn't know Seether the band, I used to play this song in a band with a female singer back when it was new. Always wondered how they got the guitar string noise so loud as they slide from chord to chord. I imagine they pointed a microphone at the guitarist's fingers, recorded it on a separate track, and turned it up loud in the mix. Probably had to mic the amp in an isolation booth, too. Otherwise it seems to me the roar from the amp would drown out the sound of sliding fingers. Or maybe it was a second take, playing along with the first on an unplugged electric guitar. Maybe it was just a whole lotta compression on the guitar track(s). Or maybe none of the above.

Veruca Salt was a pretty good band. As far as the production, I'd believe either of your guesses. Looking up the producer Ben Wood, it turns out that he did a couple of good records by people I like: The Jesus Lizard, that dog., and Pete Yorn.
    He's available if you want to ask him his trick https://twitter.com/bradwood3
    -Formerly Stabulator

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Didn't know he had produced Diary by Sunny Day Real Estate!!
    acket.

Celebration day concert by three old men and the son of a dead muppet.
    acket.

^ The entire two-hour concert is on YouTube!

If you watch it at YT, there are links to the start of each song in the comments.

That's the one!

Edit: Have you not checked out MusicVault on touyube?
    acket.