Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1432

Thread: What are you listening to?

Bob Marley, Live at the Roxy.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Bob Marley, Live at the Roxy.
    Good stuff.
    acket.

Been listening to a lot of Justin Johnson lately. Gotta love them blues.

At the moment, Todd Snider and the Hard Working Americans.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I've been trying to get help from gnoosic in discovering new music, but the thing seems to be hijacked by, I don't mean this disrispectfully, amateurs trying to get plays in [insert streaming service of choice]. Do you guys know of an alternative?

There was this filesharing program*, it used to have a really cool feature where it'd scan your folder collection and pair you with users with similar files to you, and then you could browse what sstuff they had.

Edit: Soulseek.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; June 7th, 2019 at 08:50 AM.
    acket.

I think I used Soulseek long ago and the original Napster some years before that. I was never a frequent user but it was a neat concept. Lately I get all my free music and other audio from public libraries and www.archive.org. Their live music archive is awesome for people who like to hear live music, warts and all, with crowd noise and whatever else.

Dan Carlin podcast fans, there's a new two-hour-long Hardcore History Addendum available today at https://dchhaddendum.libsyn.com/ titled EP8 Caesar at Hastings.

Quote Originally Posted by dancarlin.com
    Could militaries separated by ten centuries compete on a battlefield? In this alternative history experiment two armies that successfully invaded Britain a millennium apart are matched. Which side would you bet on?

Administrator
    Went to see Mastodon and Coheed & Cambria at the Greek Theater in LA. Mastodon did all of Crack the Skye plus a few extras, Coheed did a normal assorted set. Great show, but now I get why people kept being in shock that I'd never been to a show at The Greek. That's a great venue, there's basically no separation between the crowd and the stage other than the stage being a bit higher. We had good seats, but was cool to be close enough that I could see how Travis plays the end of A Favor House Atlantic differently than I do.

Coheed & Cambria, nice.

Administrator
    I think that's my sixth time seeing them. They always put on such a great show. A friend of ours in the San Francisco area went to the same tour and is a big Mastodon fan. She said: "We went for Mastodon and they were outstanding and I felt lucky to get to listen to Crack the Skye again. BUT, Coheed and Cambria took me by surprise. Awesome performers and I’ve never seen fans like that - so excited and singing every lyric."

Just discovered this MONSTER heavy rock power-trio jam from www.classicdeepcuts.com.