Page 118 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1432

Thread: What are you listening to?

No, no clue about that. I find TONS of music on YT, but I just type artists and/or songs in the search box like I always have.

Sammy Hagar has been a guilty pleasure there lately, from Montrose through his present-day band, The Circle, playing "live" in lockdown.
    Last edited by George; June 2nd, 2020 at 10:47 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Oh, it's a channel, they specialize on full concerts from the 90s and earlier. They have a bunch of subchannels for different artists and so on.

They have one of the great shows of Jane's Addiction. It might be from one of their reunions, because it features the fully-evolved version of Dave.
    acket.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

I also find and download free live shows (audio only) from some bands here: https://archive.org/details/etree

It seems to be mostly uploads from fans who attend and record live shows, but a lot of it is good quality. I find it useful for some specific artists I'm into (Drive-By Truckers, to name just one) but it's hardly comparable to YouTube, which seems to have everything.

Tyrant by Judas Priest.

Administrator
    Found this opinion piece written by the guy who formed the Drive-By Truckers, a band that George has recommended repeatedly and I have stubbornly not listened to (though to be fair, I am that way with about 99.999% of bands - I'm pretty stuck in my ways). I think I have found the err of my ways.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/17/87939...i-gave-my-band

The HU

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm pretty stuck in my ways
    That's normal, especially as we get older, I think. I'm not trying to twist anyone's arm to listen to DBT, but I discovered them on online a few years back, downloaded a bunch of live shows from their page at archive.org and have just been amazed at the storytelling in their songwriting and their style of Americana/Country/Southern/Classic Rock. Someone described their music as "rock song history lessons". They've been around for more than twenty years now and have a huge catalog of music. They've become quite political in the last few years but their early stuff is more like this line from one of their songs:

Stories of corruption, crime and killing, yes it's true
    Greed and fixed elections, guns and drugs and whores and booze

For example, here's a sprawling epic that covers perhaps thirty years of a man's life.

Topics in this live version include Ronald Reagan, NASA, pregnancy, drug dealing, cancer, unemployment, Mitt Romney, working at Wal-Mart, and more.

NSFW lyrics as usual for DBT.

Here's one from the other songwriter in the band that could be the backstory of the movie Deliverance.

I didn't try to do this, but I realized I chose two sad songs about hard times and suffering. That's not all they do, but there are a lot like that.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

Fuck ameriKKKa.

America, fuck yeah!
    acket.

Heh, I had a listen to that yesterday as well. Was surprised to see Ringo on the drums!