Page 91 of 139 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

Where? When I upload an image it inserts using the attach code [as below without the misspelling]. There's nothing to double click on in the Manage Attachments field below, either.

[ATACH=CONFIG]2725[/ATACH]

IMG_20171108_165821.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    A coating of oil on an older car I could see. But if I were to, say, clean out an IC pipe and find a bunch of fresh oil in there later, that'd be bad.
    Meh... Maybe? Less than desirable sure, but not inherently a problem. Old turbos and 20th century PCV systems make for adventure!

I would not sweat that oil cap for even a second. It's two decades old. Totally normal.

That's looking down inside the valve cover, presumably at a cam cap bolt. That's more sludge than I've ever seen personally, by a margin.

Oooooooh. Well, still nothing I'd be all that concerned about - carbon deposits on stationary parts is not uncommon. Might be worth pulling the valve cover for an inspection, but OTOH what are you going to do? If there is wear on the cams or tappets or whatever are you going to pre-emptively replace them, or just wait until there's a failure? If it was a new car there'd be reason for concern, but on a 20 year old car with a likely totally unknown maintenance history there's gonna be some imperfections.

After you've attached & uploaded an Image from your Computer, you should see the thumbnail pop up in your post.

Then double-click it, an Image Settings control panel should pop up:

Select "Full Size".

Or are you trying to do this to linked images? 'Cause that won't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've just been uploading the image, previewing the page, copying the URL of the image and putting it in its own set of tags then deleting the original thumbnail tag.

That... sounds like work.

Yeah, probably.

At least I'm not ruining Christmas.

Ok now I see the trick. I had to switch the reply box to WYSIWYG mode for the picture to come up as a thumbnail in the first place. Got it!

[That's the neighborhood Civic Type R doing a fly-by ]

Back to some autox content. Yesterday I ran with the local SCCA chapter at the small fairgrounds lot 12 minutes from home. I haven't done this in years. I get spoiled with big grippy lots a couple hours away, with plenty of competition, and I haven't done the local more casual thing in too long. So anyway this local lot is pretty slippery smooth asphalt with need for a lot of slow corners, and my car's set up for grippy concrete and faster stuff. I made a couple pre-emptive minor adjustments yesterday to try to anticipate the right setup, and I either nailed it or these Nexen tires like old asphalt more than I knew.

It may not look like it in the video but the car felt really hooked up. I could rotate on the throttle at will, yet still get forward acceleration. Win-win.

This event was the season finale and with this group that's always a unique format where you enter the course and do a number of consecutive laps before exiting the course and stopping the timer. They call it Enduro. It's something that is (to my knowledge) unique to the central valley here, and I really like it. In past years when I used to do it it was 5 laps per run. Due to increased turnout yesterday it was shortened to 3 laps per run. It was a cold morning so my first of two cracks at the course was entertaining as I worked to put heat into the tires on the low grip surface.

My second run was about 2.5 seconds faster than my first run, and it was top time of day by 8.5 seconds. I don't think I've ever had a margin quite like that even when I used to run with this club regularly. Just reinforces in my mind how good the 350Z is at everything. As we generally concluded in the Unofficial But Scientific STU Test in Nebraska last September, the 350Z in STU is the jack of all trades.

The last time I did an Enduro was 2010 in the S2000, which kept me pretty busy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHc6ODh7oRI
    Last edited by CudaMan; November 13th, 2017 at 07:28 PM.