Page 113 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1381

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

You just have my interest piqued because the MINI has a digital speed reading and you said you got one in the E90. The Z4 and MINI have the same readout module, but in tbe Z4 it just shows what position the transmission is in. Not much value in that.

Yeah not really. The only time I think a gear readout is useful is on flappy paddle gearboxes.

The E90 has a small display between gauges that can cycle through things like distance to empty, average speed/MPG, and if you go deeper, service checks and oil level and such. Coding the digital speedometer simply adds a page to cycle through on the "not so deep" level.

I spent 5 minutes Googling around and saw some reports of Z4s activating a digital speedo, but one pic showed gauges that looked more like an E90 and less like your car. Wonder if there was another reasonably significant update in the model run. As usual, concrete info is hard to come by in BMW world.

If this wasn't nearly $400(!!!) I'd consider making my own:

It's just a digital gauge that reads off of OBDII PIDs.

This is my cluster:

If I could get that little "P" in the bottom center to read speed that would be super. There is already an LED indicator on the gear shifter housing itself so that piece is totally redundant unless you're using flappy paddles.

I've considered getting the VW Golf/GTI version of that, but, I don't really feel the need to monitor my boost (I can check coolant and oil temp already) in an unmodified car, and I've got 1 more set of tires to buy this year.

One of the drivers on Hyperdrive drove a nearly stock 350Z.....hint hint.....nudge nudge.

Don't the cars get pretty beat up on that show? I haven't seen it.

Regardless, my garage is now Z-less.

Do not bring a car you wouldn't put in a tandem drift competition to Hyperdrive.

Today I discovered three dimes and a mystery nylock nut under the driver's seat.

IMG_20191015_151925.jpg

The nut doesn't appear to go anywhere under the seat, and to be honest I'm not entirely sure it belongs on the car. I have yet to see hardware of this style on this car.

One of these days I'll get around to cleaning the interior and trying to fix whatever is keeping the power seat from lowering its height (it'll go up but never down). I've also discovered that the air bladders in the side bolsters have a slow leak, but given how difficult the fix must be to accomplish I think I'll live with it. The leather is in remarkable shape for its age and I've heard it's a pain to remove and re-install the cover anyway.

Nate - last weekend I had a local car guy (and former BMW tech) ask me if my headlight actuator system had failed yet. Looks like I'll have to brace myself for that.
    Last edited by CudaMan; October 17th, 2019 at 12:13 PM.

I haven't heard of that particular failure. My issue was with the light control module which simply caused the light not to turn on.

Finally cleaned the driver's seat (the rest of them look pretty good, guessing they weren't used much).

It was my first time trying the Sonax leather care kit and I'm pleased with the effort and results. https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-premi...ther-kit.html#

IMG_20191101_152007.jpg

IMG_20191101_152022.jpg

Nevermind the bad low light cell phone pics.