Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 1,151 to 1,157 of 1157

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

Whoa, a painter's tape bra? I haven't seen one of those before. Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Why do you hate them? I know I'd not enjoy them if there was a lot of traffic. In this case there was hardly any.
    Hydroplaning, random deep puddles that will try to rip the steering wheel away, the wrecks they cause which then cause traffic.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ummmm....hydroplaning doesn't rip the wheel out of your hand...

That's why I put commas in between the items, they are different things.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I'd have been much more sketched out if I was on balding tires and/or in traffic, that's for sure. The Michelin A/S 3s did great. Also the ESC/TC seems pretty darn good on this car in when and how it engages. I was still one of the slowest of the few vehicles I ran across during that storm.

This happened a couple weeks ago, only now posting.

I decided to take the 328i to an autocross anyway. I expected mostly varying degrees of understeer, with some one tire fire for good measure. I got the latter, but I also had plenty of rotation in various corner phases, too, which was shocking (in a refreshing way). For a stock 2011 sedan with the only real mod being removed camber pins, I'm very surprised it does anything other than understeer.. Tires are stock staggered sizes but are Michelin A/S 3s (non run flats). I could actually get some corner entry oversteer if I trailed it in. In a hard transition I could get the nose to hook and the car would rotate in an ideal way - I just had to be careful getting on the throttle then because the car was already in a neutral state and throttle would just promote that awkward kind of open-diff oversteer.

I'm actually really miffed my camera managed only to record one out of 7 runs, and it was the most boring run of them all. The others had more fun 4-wheel-drifty moments. This run I was actually trying to put a time down and driving in a way to promote more stability. It wasn't faster, so I should have just stuck to having fun. Every run except this one I was backing it in to the finish lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfEIzK-Xh4s
    [And yeah it's way too quiet - curse the all-welded exhaust that discourages reversible modification]

Prior to this event I had located (but not yet procured) an E93 M3 front bar and although I don't plan to campaign the car seriously, based on that first autox experience I'm starting to think the ~15% stiffer M3 bar might not help enough. It turns out the seller ghosted me (*after* we had agreed on a price and I asked for his PayPal! ) so I ended up getting an H&R bar overnight from TireRack. Much stiffer than the M3 bar. We'll see how it does. It's not adjustable and has no locking collars which isn't great (the picture showed locking collars). I didn't feel like spending $600+ on a nice Dinan bar though. One neat feature of the H&R - teflon coated bushings that require no lube.

That's great. They do make a nicely balanced car across the model line.