Page 107 of 139 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1381

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

re: tolls. If you get off of the turnpike and take I-81 South at Harrisburg, you can get on I-68 west and take a more interesting route. You'd meet back up with your initial route in St. Louis. You'd take I-79 south through WV which is really pretty. Adds two hours (41 becomes 43) though. I'm not sure how much you'd save on tolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Avoid Chicago like the plague. Don't go anywhere near it.

Yeah, that's good advice unless you're willing to add a bunch of time in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    re: tolls. If you get off of the turnpike and take I-81 South at Harrisburg, you can get on I-68 west and take a more interesting route. You'd meet back up with your initial route in St. Louis. You'd take I-79 south through WV which is really pretty. Adds two hours (41 becomes 43) though. I'm not sure how much you'd save on tolls.
    Looks like he would save $25-30. But he wouldn't get to drive a Delorean....Huh..huh...huh.

His other option would be to head south from West Chester and hit I95 and then take I70 west from Baltimore to I68 west and then take your southern route via I79 and I64. Then he pays no tolls.

Yeah, but, Baltimore. Yuck.

He's welcome to drive the DMC. If he's going this week I won't be there but Ash knows where the keys are.

The car gets a PPI this coming Monday or Tuesday. Then I'll go from there, maybe be driving it back home by the following weekend.

I still need to decide on a route. Great suggestion on a more scenic section, Nate. I'd like to do that if I extend to 3.5 or 4 days of driving. I may have a friend come along too.
    Last edited by CudaMan; May 7th, 2019 at 01:30 PM.

If you can, Tonto Natl forest and Sedona are amazing.

I've been to Sedona (yeah, amazing) but not Tonto. I don't think I'll end up that far south. I'm already contemplating running the Finger Lakes Champ Tour up in NY on the 17th-19th if everything works out. Man am I a sucker for a national autox event. That would possibly 'force' me into the northern route thru Chicago.

If you're finding yourself near Pittsburgh and wanting a place to crash we have both a spare bedroom and a new pull-out sofa bed in our bar/study. I work from home a few days a week so it wouldn't matter when you showed up. We're 5 miles off of exit 39 of I-76/PATP in Allison Park, PA.

So change of plans. I'm still picking up the car (I leave on a red-eye tonight) but I'm going to head south to surprise my gf in FL and spend some time there before driving home - which means I'll be taking the southern route across the US.

The 350Z sold yesterday, which was good timing to only have 2 days without a DD.

Where in FL?