Page 92 of 139 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

Here's a very cool story from yesterday, too: A nice 1st-gen Celica was there, lowered with flares and wide wheels and a cage and such. It was making nice turbo noises. The owner was new to autocross last weekend. After the event I found him and started talking to him. Within 5 minutes of our conversation I find out his other car is my old red MR2! The one that was Supercharged in 2003. The one that I sold in 2006. The one that I randomly ran across a few years later at an autocross in Santa Clara, owned by someone other than the guy I had sold it to. That car has really gotten around. And yet keeps finding its way to autocross. How cool is that?

When he said he had an '87 MR2 Supercharged I started to ask questions... yes, it was red. Yes, it had a Grant steering wheel... by this time he gets his phone out and looks for a pic. It's a small photo of the back of the car on an alignment rack but I recognized the license plate after all these years. 3WYA092. Man, so many memories with that car.

I expect to see it at an event next year.

<3 <3 <3

Sweet

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    awesome...looks in great shape too!

Those are my pics from years ago. I don't expect it looks quite like that anymore.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Those are my pics from years ago. I don't expect it looks quite like that anymore.
    ah gotcha

My garage is experiencing a high concentration of turbochargers per square foot right now.

Why does the garage suddenly seem more spacious?

For a couple reasons, I thought it was time to swap the blue Z out for the MR2 Turbo (I store it in my parents' garage). So now this MR2 is my DD, possibly for the first time.

Noticing the Supra needed a new turbo inlet hose motivated me to put in the replacement turbo inlet hose for the MR2 that I bought probably a year ago or more...

I undid 10, count 'em, 10 hose clamps of various types in order to replace this 90 degree elbow that's plainly visible when peering into the engine bay. Could they have made this any more complex if they tried? Everything is connected to everything else in some way.

Attached Images Attached Images

Supra wheel cleaning didn't go quite as I'd hoped. It appears there's some corrosion in places, and perhaps some paint worn away. One of these pics is of the leading edge of a spoke, and I noticed a similar dark spotted area at the leading edge of every other spoke...

Attached Images Attached Images

Sadly, in my experience, the only way you can fix that is by refinishing the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    So now this MR2 is my DD, possibly for the first time.
    This... makes me nervous.

At least the H00pra wheels are painted silver and not the polished rims.