Page 106 of 139 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1381

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

Ohhhhh, I misread you, sorry. I thought when you said finding a 6MT was hard you were settling for a 5MT. In the E46 generation there was a 5MT and 6MT offered at the same time. Low information owners sometimes prefer the 6MT because more must be better. The reality is the transmissions are nearly the same except the 6MT has an even higher overdrive available. For sport driving purposes it is not used.

That undercarriage does look nice. I bought my 2002 330 and it spent its entire life in NJ and Central PA. It isn't rusted either. BMW uses some pretty heavy duty anti-corrosion material in the body cavities. I'm currently needing to grind a bunch out of the wheel arch in the rear to fold the lip down.

I'm in KC, if you are driving through, or need me to kick, hit me up and I'll make it happen

I can see how it'd get mixed up, Nate. You're probably recalling how I was originally looking for a 5AT G35 sedan, then a 6spd, then settling on a 5AT again... my car quest this time around has been all over the map.

I noticed on the CarFax report how generous BMW's corrosion warranty was. I think it's still active for this car, even. You're right they must've figured something out with rustproofing. I thought even new cars still rusted away when subjected to salted roads. My main concern though is rusted/stuck bolts since I like to work on my own cars.

The owner is holding the car exclusively for me at this point so it's just a matter of timing with the inspection, my flight, and his Tesla delivery date. So I will have to start planning a road trip.

Taking an early look at this, I have 3 route options that make sense.

routeoptions.jpg

What I don't know yet is the dates of my travel or even the time of day that I start. At 42 hours, if I get an early start on Day 1 I could potentially do the trip in 3 long days with 14 hours of driving each day. That's ambitious, but if the car is comfy enough it may be possible given the advantageous time zone changes. That doesn't leave a lot of time to stop along the way for food/fellowship. Debating whether I should add an extra half day (and hotel night) to make it a more laid back trip. I don't anticipate any weather delays in May but maybe some of you from east of the Rockies can re-educate me on that. The southern route would probably be the safest bet for that.

The car should be fairly comfortable. It has to be more accommodating than mine and I drive mine 13hrs (Pittsburgh to St. Paul) a few times a year.

Having done the Oklahoma, Texas, Albuquerque route, many times that's a brutal stent.

Take the route you've never driven. If all are options I'd vote for the I70 route as most interesting & I40 as quickest.

The problem with the Denver route is you will be stopping in Grand Junction which means you'll be doing some of that in the dark which negates the scenic value.

The only weather worry are thunderstorm's / heavy rain and each route has an equal chance of that.

I actually prefer empty open roads, Tyler, if that's what you're referring to. Beats fighting traffic to me.

I've driven every route, except the northern 2 routes east of Lincoln/Topeka.

I agree with XHawkeye. Your only weather issue will be thunderstorms. We are past the tipping point of potential snow east of the Mississippi.

Avoid Chicago like the plague. Don't go anywhere near it.

If it was me and I could meet up with some of the Denverites, I would go that route. But if speed is your game then the Southern route is the obvious choice. But I would do it in 4+ days. And your PA Turnpike cost will be around $35-40.

Feckin' 'ell mate. That's a lot of toll. I thought Chicago was bad!

-

350Z: Happy to report fresh rotors really sharpened up the braking response, and firmed up the pedal. Win! Kind of unexpected actually given the pads didn't change.

-

MR2: JDM tyres y0. Meaty. 'Bout time the proper sizes were available!

I miss 15" wheels and tires. I can carry these one in each hand instead of having to roll them. Get off my lawn.