Page 121 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1231

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

  1. #1201
    mAdminstrator Random's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Davis, CA, USA
    Posts
    3,557
    Stock headlights are still available from the dealer for not totally exorbitant prices--one of the first things I did on mine.
    Whoomah!

  2. #1202
    Car Lawyer dodint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    'Trep
    Posts
    4,661
    #GoodContent Cuda, and nice work on the bumper crack. Always satisfying to square something like that away by yourself.

  3. #1203
    I have thought about a new headlight for sure, $150 isn't outrageous for a complete assembly. It'd look maybe too perfect next to my restored but still chipped and hazy-in-places drivers side headlight, so I'd be really wanting to get a pair of new headlights, and then I've spent over $300 on prettier lights for a track car. It's hard but I'm trying to train myself not to be a perfectionist with this car. I already have two cars that get that treatment. I'm thinking I'll hold out for a ~$40 used headlight that has good tabs and hope I can polish it clear. More money for event entries or future engine swap.

  4. #1204
    Junior Potato
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,712
    On the topic of louder exhausts and being safer because you’re louder, ask most motorcyclists and they’d agree with you.

    But it’s actually complete bollocks and doing so causes you to rely on the hearing ability and actions of other drivers to keep you safe. You’d much rather rely on your own actions.

    Your best bet is to not position your car on the passenger side of a truck that big for too long. The driver literally will not see you below the window of the opposite door and might just change lanes right on top of you.

  5. #1205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    On the topic of louder exhausts and being safer because you’re louder, ask most motorcyclists and they’d agree with you.

    But it’s actually complete bollocks and doing so causes you to rely on the hearing ability and actions of other drivers to keep you safe. You’d much rather rely on your own actions.

    Your best bet is to not position your car on the passenger side of a truck that big for too long. The driver literally will not see you below the window of the opposite door and might just change lanes right on top of you.
    This, loud pipes don't save lives. When you break down the science of doppler effect, and the sound waves traveling shorter distances because of the wavelength change, it makes the idea seem comical...


    But definitely make the car louder, because it would make me happy.

  6. #1206
    反重力 Rikadyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,538
    Maybe one of those flags you have to have if you are out in the dunes....

    Though if you 2jz it you could have it spitting flames vertically and that would be the same thing
    Last edited by Rikadyn; September 23rd, 2021 at 05:41 AM.

  7. #1207
    Corvette Enthusiast Kchrpm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    7,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    Though if you 2jz it you could have it spitting flames vertically and that would be the same thing
    This is obviously the best answer, 8 foot high flames shooting out of the car.
    Get that weak shit off my track

  8. #1208
    I concur.

    Still thinking an audible car would be slightly safer than silence. I have heard bikes before I've seen them. But besides that an autox/track car needs to sound a little frisky anyway.

  9. #1209
    Junior Potato
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,712
    Oh yeah definitely make it sound nice.

    Referring to my motorcycling colleagues, I always used to tell them, don’t use safety as an excuse. Do it because it sounds good.

  10. #1210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Oh yeah definitely make it sound nice.

    Referring to my motorcycling colleagues, I always used to tell them, don’t use safety as an excuse. Do it because it sounds good.
    Yuuuuuup

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •