Page 128 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1381

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post

Can I find more Miata parts to fit this car? Maybe some 15x9 or 15x10 wheels eventually.
    FM can set you up: https://www.flyinmiata.com/NB/kogeki...a-nb-html.html

And I finally got around to replacing the clock with a working one (from Tony's rolled car, Russ). Had to clean it up and polish the face before installing it of course.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/USJ6VBfYG8r6xpgH9
    Ha, cool. I mean, not cool that it comes from his destroyed car, but cool that it lives on in a small way.
    Whoomah!

I would honestly recommend you get on the engine sooner rather than later. Machine shops are SLOOOOOOOOOOOW and most of them are months behind and wait-listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I would honestly recommend you get on the engine sooner rather than later. Machine shops are SLOOOOOOOOOOOW and most of them are months behind and wait-listing.
    How are my brothers heads coming along?

Finally getting worked on. They have been cleaned and I believe they are doing the valve work now.

I drove the Spyder over the weekend. I know it probably has light rod knock but I missed driving the thing, I wanted to run down the fuel for the forthcoming tank drop, and YOLO. It was nice to get out, grab a coffee, and take a leisurely drive on some winding roads in a toy car. I haven't done that in ages just for the sake of driving. At stoplights the knocking sound (which only happens at idle when warm, remember) would be louder sometimes, sometimes it'd double its frequency, and a few times it was just... gone. This is all so fascinatingly confusing.

I was going to go grab a Harbor Freight engine hoist last weekend since there's a $70 off coupon right now, but my Dad's truck is doing funny stuff and should probably be fixed first. I wonder if the box(es) fit(s) in a Forester...

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    I wonder if the box(es) fit(s) in a Forester...
    No doubt that they will fit in a Forester with the backseat folded down.

Can't be much worse than the van(?) y'all had at festival, especially disassembled

The rental van was bigger inside (3rd row and taller) but it does look like the boxes would fit in a Forester no problem, looking at an assembly video on YouTube where they unbox the crane.

I forgot to post this in here but I did pick up the engine hoist with the Forester. It's packed efficiently.

Assembly: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BV6irsPSw4Qdxgqy8
    Folded and tucked out of the way: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BEsYVU9ENzavv6zdA

I'm hoping to get to this in the fall, maybe have the car running again by 2023. Let's see if I can prioritize it enough.

Narrator: He did not prioritize it enough.

I did do a little '22 car work yesterday, oil change in the 328i and putting the stock front sway bar back on since I don't track/autox the car anymore. (Killer H&R bar F/S...). Oddly now the car pulls to the right sometimes. I didn't remove or loosen any control arms or anything. I can only surmise it's some bushing preload thing going on. I didn't put it on with the wheels resting on ramps at ride height, they were in full droop. But I had to push the bar up to where it would be at ride height in order to get the endlinks to line up. BMW does this odd thing with the front bar bushings where the bar doesn't rotate inside the bushing, it twists the bushing. So the more the bar is deflected the more resistance it has. This probably contributes to the less linear feeling the car has in loading up (and even going over some bumps/waves) compared to the H&R bar, or any other normal car really.