Page 22 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by GB View Post
    Justin, on the other hand, would be completely lost if he didn't have something to fix/replace/rewire/rebuild/improve/re-purpose.
    Largely true, but there was a lot of thought that sent me down this path - not just ADHD. The key factor for me is that I need to be learning something or at least moderately creative. There needs to be something new happening. What I cannot stand is repetitiveness - hell, it's why I don't run and I don't go to the gym. SO. BORING. Way back when I realized I needed to find something I could do to offset a primarily sedentary job and keep me from playing video games (which tend to have a very easy newness about them) all day. The potential to at least break even and possibly make money with the activity was key, because financially I couldn't reconcile the things I wanted to do personally (learn stuff and not be a couch potato) with the things I wanted to socially (I have a tendency to go out WAY too much). Truthfully, I'd be as happy building furniture as I am working on cars - it just so happens that you can get a lot done with basic automotive hand tools and storing those 20 years ago was a lot more doable than storing woodworking tools, so cars got the nod. Not long into it I met a guy (on the internet - YEAH!) with similar tastes and similar tendencies and we really fed off each other. Lots of wrenching on cars, lots of late nights. Trust when I say Burning Man is going to be epic (and then three music festivals the remaining three weekends of September. I'm doomed).

I'd note that recently I've acquired a nice selection of woodworking tools and am eyeballing some more - I still have a dream about building furniture. I also have acquired a certain taste for the yard, and have had a pretty productive garden for a couple years. I mostly only talk about cars here, but when you limit yourself to an a few hours a week of TV and you don't have kids, you end up with a lot of time to fill. With the exception of some household stuff I'm working on) I'm outside at least a few hours every weekday, and pretty much dawn til dusk on the weekends. Someday though I really hope to return to writing. That's what I set out in my adult life to do - it just turns out most writers don't make shit, I'm good at computers, and I got material needs. I figure once my body starts to give out I can dictate a novel or something - in the meantime I'm outside as much as possible.
    Last edited by thesameguy; June 25th, 2014 at 09:15 PM.

Not my car or my photo of course, but just a snapshot of me having a little fun over a couple of days.

[img][/img]

I heard three wheels is very unstable.[/img]

Loves me a Teg Type R.

The engine note certainly sticks with you.

I had it playing in my head for days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivSnDpjN72M

BAHBAHBAHBAHBAH

Whoomah!

Can you say LIMITER!

Needs moar VTEKs!

Yum. DC2.....

I may be returning to the VTEC fold, though in the new Civic out here next April. A long time to wait so have to suffer the Evo X a bit longer.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuCexlzlWlQ

Nothing else really fits the bill of bonkers and Japanese. With no Evo, a tamer Impreza with a faulty engine and the "bit too slow" GT86/BRZ being the only other options in the UK.

VTEC Hondas are still the best-sounding four-cylinders, IMO. At least among inline-4s.