Page 4 of 139 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuda's Cars, v2.0

It's not really an autocross car though. Unless someone wants to copy my build. I don't expect so.

I thought eBay was free until your item sells, then they take a cut.

I have sold a fair amount on craigslist. I haven't had any troubles. Just weed out the 'tards.

ddd

Nope, there are both listing fees and final value fees. With high ticket items they have special structures for those fees, and I think that includes cars... Last I looked it was $50 flat rate, but that may have changed. I believe you get a longer auction time with card versus other items, but $50 to try and sell a car was enough to put me off and never try it. Plus, it's not like eBay isolates you from deadbeats, and it adds in the potential complication of long distance buyers. At least with CL you can reasonably expect the buyer will show up, give you cash, and then go away. With eBay, you might end up holding the car for days or weeks and then find out you have a flake. Seems like a lot of trouble for a couple grand (minus $50).

Nothing wrong with putting a for sale sign in the window. There are people driving by everyday that see your car, and quite a few admiring it.

i got my current W124 from an enthusiast board. Loads of great pictures. Maintenance records from day one. Problem areas sorted.

Not a bad idea with the f/s sign. Kinda curious where I would find one. I know I've seen them occasionally but I don't remember what types of stores.

Guess I will brave CL too since it's priced right and the audience should be decent size.

-

Early b-day gift from T: Z1 high pressure hatch struts. She is so awesome. Pretty soon I'll be able to do this.

Hardware store or office supply store should have them. My local Ace does.

Can you pop the hatch in the last braking zone?
    Whoomah!

You can also just print one on paper and tape it to the window.

in Sacramento, there are spots where people park cars for sale - dirt lots, parking lots, etc. I know of at least a couple where it's been going on for years so the spots must be blessed. Maybe there is something similar in FresYES? Obviously, don't leave anything valuable showing.

Make sure you note that it was owned by a famous person.
    Get that weak shit off my track

So the cars have been sitting for 3 weeks.

The Miata isn't so happy. It started to run on 3 cylinders shortly after leaving home. And had an extra stumble on accel, too. CEL was blinking, not just on. Turned around and parked it. Took maroon Z, which was fine.

Reading a bit, I probably have an ignition problem with the Miata. I pulled the plugs and they're old dirty Autolites, but nothing looks terminally awful. Found two coil leads not quite pressed all the way on. But that didn't help much. Now the car runs on all 4 cylinders, but the CEL is on (not blinking) and if I give it more than a hint of throttle it stumbles/misses. Light throttle will see the revs rise as normal. It also is reluctant to start, but does stumble to life after a few seconds.

I'll be ordering this scan tool in 2 hours to get it here Thursday with Prime shipping. And convincing my sister we need new plugs and wires at the least. Coils look more expensive so they will be last on the list. Plugs and wires aren't a bad idea in general anyway.

OBD2. Pffft!

Check the plugs/boots for oil. The valve cover gasket likes to leak into the plug wells which causes all sorts of fun driveability issues, particularly when the car is cold.

Miatas eat plug wires, so plugs and wires is good idea, as you said. VC gasket is super easy, too. Take a look at the CAS oring while you're in there.
    Whoomah!